News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 110: One with delay in dial tone, other giving busy when picking up

Started by b123guy, May 22, 2012, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b123guy

Searching for answers on this..  My folks and I both have OBI 110 units.  Both are configured with landlines and google voice, with google voice being primary.   We both have cordless phone systems attached  (mine att, theirs panasonic).  We both receive calls just fine.   Their unit gives busy when obtaining a dial tone to dial out.  My unit has a delay in giving a dial tone, but if I press #, I get a dial tone.  If I hang up then attempt to get dial tone, it's normal. If I wait a bit, it has the delay again.  No changes made to either unit in any way since update on May 9th.  Any help would be appreciated.

jimates

Pressing # directly connects the phone port to the line port, so the dial tone heard when you press # is from the land line provider. The dial tone you hear other wise is generated by the Obi itself. I am not familiar with it but there are settings for the phone port for on hook ring tip voltage & OnHookCurrentMax. Not sure which would help out, someone with the knowledge will be along.

ProfTech

Has the configuration of either unit been modified from the factory settings? I have experienced with my 110 a couple of cases where I modified one of the Digit Maps or the Outbound Call Route and I did it incorrectly. Maybe I had an extra space, missing parenthesis, etc. The Obi would partially boot up but would do odd things like you are describing. Are your units located in the US? I use the PSTN line a lot with my 110. In fact that was my reason for buying it. I have only made a couple of tweaks to the PSTN settings but it works great. I would recommend you reset to factory defaults and go from there.