News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls go directly to GV VM

Started by Cons, May 22, 2012, 06:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cons

Just began a few days ago, obi 110 with GV - for seemingly no reason, I have rebooted, reset and tried nearly anything I can think of!

I did successfully call the phone from another GV (gmail/gv web or iphone GV app), but no cells/LL?  any ideas? :(

pc44

Hi Cons,

Can you provide more info regarding this?

For example, when you log in to your OBI, does the "status" for your Google SP1 or SP2 say "connected"?  If not, can you tell us what it says?

Secondly, can you make outgoing phone calls from your OBI using GV?

Lastly, have you tried un-checking the Google Chat forwarding phone in Google Voice's settings and then checking it?

pc44

Cons

Yes yes and yes! it's so weird, cause it was working fine (for months now!), then bam, not sure if it's a setting on the Obi, or in GV, i have tried them all in each so far

I added another GV acct to the Obi just to try it, and it worked fine for outgoing and inc calls - so perhaps its something with GV/Gchat? but what :(?

MichiganTelephone

Google Voice occasionally seems to have an issue where its database gets a bit out of kilter.  My suggestion, which may or may not help (but it did for me once in a similar situation) is to go into your Google Voice account and simply toggle a few settings - change them to the opposite of what they are now, save the configuration, then toggle them back to the original values and save again.  In your Google Voice destination, uncheck and then re-check Google Chat.  With any luck, you'll fix the problem.  No, you shouldn't need to do this and in one respect it makes no sense that this would work, but as I say, it did for me once when I had a similar issue.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Cons

I think i've hit most of em! deleted and re-added chat etc.. it's driving me crazy that I can't figure out why..

I can call from my secondary gmail, to my obi gvoice acct and the phone finally rings, but then I call from a non google voice #, and it goes directly to VM :(((

looking at call hx on obi, they do not even hit the OBI

pc44

Hi Cons,

Still thinking out loud here.  Have you checked your Contact Groupings under the Contact tab in Google Voice?  I just wanted to make sure that nobody accidentally changed any of the Contact Groups to behave in a peculiar fashion to incoming calls.  I'm referring to Google Voice -> Settings -> Groups & Circles.

Even if everything looks good in there, who knows, maybe you could add some contacts to a group and then edit the Group Setting so that this Group does not "Ring Default phones" and instead put in a custom rule to ring your OBI only.  Just to see if that makes any difference.

I imagine you've already checked this, but I just thought it may be worth mentioning ::)

pc44

Cons

yep :( have messed around with the groups too, no luck, even weirder part is when i switch the ringers over to the cell attached to the account, it still goes to vm right away! it's gotta be a problem somewhere in GV, but i hear i am never going to get in touch with anyone to help me with that, sounds like my only option is to switch to a new account :(

dennist

Quote from: Cons on May 29, 2012, 04:10:56 PM
yep :( have messed around with the groups too, no luck, even weirder part is when i switch the ringers over to the cell attached to the account, it still goes to vm right away! it's gotta be a problem somewhere in GV, but i hear i am never going to get in touch with anyone to help me with that, sounds like my only option is to switch to a new account :(
I can feel your pain.

Before I installed the Obi device, the inbound calls sometimes would go directly to voice mail without ringing any of the forwarded numbers, including landline and mobile. In addition to this problem, Google voice would not send email when there is voice message. I have tried all suggestions found on the internet. No luck at all. Adding these two problems together, you know...

I am testing the Obi device to see the result. Considering all these problems, I have been hesitated to port the numbers to Google Voice.

Arghtastic

I have this same problem.  It started at random.  I have an OBi202, one Phone 1 Actively plugged in.

Arghtastic

I removed and re-added the call screening and forcibly set the call screening to "direct connect" on each line and group in googlevoice.  Waiting for someone to call so I can check it. . .  I am not getting the Obi Attendant from my mobile--even though I have removed it from the trusted callers list.  Does it take more than a few minutes for this update to take affect?

Quote from: Arghtastic on June 05, 2012, 08:04:58 AM
I have this same problem.  It started at random.  I have an OBi202, one Phone 1 Actively plugged in.