News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help Please!!!

Started by garys314, May 21, 2012, 09:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garys314

I have reached out to forum and support and still cant resolve issue.  I have two phones setup.  One related to gmail account and that works fine.  I also have hosted gmail account.  I setup another phone with that account and it worked fine.  I ported over house phone to tmobile and then to google hosted account.  Thats when the trouble began.  I can send out calls but not receive it.  The calls sent out show as the old google number that i deleted.  Cant receive calls at all.

Under phone > settings i dont have option to forward to google talk.  This has gone on for over a week.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

pc44

Hi Gary,

Have you logged into Google Talk at least once on this second Google number?  Try logging in and making/receiving a call first, using Google Talk.  Then, check to see if you see the Google Talk entry in the Google Voice phone list.

Keep us posted,
pc44

garys314

The google talk thing was a good try but that did not work.  When i dial a number from google talk or gmail the number is not what i have setup in google voice.  I dont know where that number came from.  It is almost as if another account is associated with this number.

If i could i would just blow away this email account and reenter but that is not possible.  Glad this is not a business phone.

RFord

Quote from: garys314 on May 21, 2012, 09:16:54 AM
The calls sent out show as the old google number that i deleted.  Cant receive calls at all.

Gary

What exactly do you mean by .....that I deleted"?  When you setup your hosted gmail account and associated Google Voice account, I assume you had a GV Number associated with this account.  When you port your number to this account, both numbers are active and the old number will remain active for a period of (I think) 90-days and then the old number falls off the account automatically.  I'm not aware of the user having the ability to delete the old number from the account.

Are you sure you do not have another gmail account under the hosted gmail account and that was the account you ported the number to?

When you make an incoming call to your ported number, does it show up on the call log for that hosted gmail/GV account?  Maybe you might want to post under the Google Voice forum and hope that a Google Employee sees your post and track down the number and what account the number is associated with.  Why gmail account did you get the confirmation that the port was completed?

jimates

You need to confirm the association of the 2 accounts. You can do this in one of two ways. Maybe you should do both to make sure you get the same results.

From your gogole voice page
Clcik on "GMail". Your gmail account should open. If the incorrect gmail opens then the accounts are not properly associated.

From GMail
At the top click on "more", then click on "even more", and choose Voice from the options. Your google voice account will open. Again, if the incorrect account opens you will need to correct the association.

If you need to correct the association you can fill out a request and submit it to Google.
http://support.google.com/voice/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1378507&page=ts.cs&from=1378507&rd=2