News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

transcoded callback-initiated call drops after 15 seconds

Started by Stewart, May 25, 2012, 07:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

Some calls initiated by AA callback are established ok, but drop after 15 seconds.

This used to work, but now fails.  I suspect that the recent firmware push is responsible, though I can't be certain; something may have changed with one of the providers.

I am attempting to call the US (using Phonepower on SP2) from a France Orange mobile (callback leg using Voxbeam via a VGx on SP2).

The callback itself works fine.  The initial INVITE from the AA offers G711U, G711A, G729, G726-32, AVT and the 200 OK shows G711A, G729, AVT.  The RTP is G711A in both directions.  There is no problem operating the AA and the outbound leg goes out on Phonepower.  For that leg, the SDP offer is G711A, G729, AVT, G726-32, G711U and the 200 OK shows G711U and AVT.  I assume that the OBi is transcoding these streams correctly; the audio sounds fine.  The shot below was taken a few seconds after the call was answered.

However, immediately after the 200 OK is received from Phonepower and ACKed, the OBi sends an re-invite with the same five codecs.  This seems to confuse the PP server, which responds with a 200 OK but only AVT (no voice codecs) in the SDP.  Five seconds later, the OBi sends a re-invite to Voxbeam, containing only AVT in the offer, and Voxbeam responds with 488 Not Acceptable here.  The call is actually still OK at this point, but ten seconds later, the OBi ends the call by sending BYEs to both providers.

Stewart

Some additional info:

If Voxbeam is used for both callback legs, the call still drops after 15 seconds, even though the SIP/SDP appears normal in that case.

However, a single Voxbeam call (placed from the Phone port) completes ok and does not drop.