News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How Do I Use Obi 110 To Pick Up A Call on the PSTN?

Started by DavidW, May 27, 2012, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

I have my Obi110 connected to the PSTN. I know how to prefix a call with **8 in order to place a call over the PSTN. But sometimes, I want to be able to use the Obi110 as an extension for the PSTN. I can do this if I originally answer the call with the phone connected directly to the Obi110. But if the call is originally answered with another extension in the house, is it possible to use the phone connected to the Obi110 to get on the PSTN line? If so, how do I do this? Thanks!

Stewart

Under Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Calling Features, set EnableLINEPortBargeIn (checked).

Then, pick up OBi phone, hear dial tone, press # to grab the PSTN call.  Depending on the device that originally answered the call, you may need to take some action on it to hang up.

DavidW

Hello and thanks for your response.

I checked and it seems that the BargeIn option was already enabled (i.e. the checkbox IS checked). So I just tried the following:

(a) An incoming call came in on the PSTN.

(b) I picked it up on an extension NOT connected to the OBI.

(c) After a while of talking I put down the extension I was using, picked up the extension that IS connected to the OBI, heard dial tone, and pressed # one time.

(d) I did not get connected to the call on the PSTN. Instead I hear three tones and the message, "There is no service available to complete your call". I am not sure of the source of these tones/message (OBI or what).

So I am still not getting what I want. Perhaps I am not describing my situation/desire well enough?

Cheers!

Stewart

Quote from: DavidW on May 29, 2012, 03:29:24 PMI checked and it seems that the BargeIn option was already enabled (i.e. the checkbox IS checked).
Strange, because on my OBi, running 1.3.0 (Build: 2711) which is AFAIK the latest, the default value of EnableLINEPortBargeIn is unchecked (as it was when I first got the device).  So, unless you had enabled it previously, you should have seen it as disabled.

Confirm that you are seeing the Value field as checked and not the Default field.

Otherwise, I have no idea why it's not working.  Confirm that if you pick up the OBi phone when the PSTN line is not in use and press #, you get PSTN dialtone.

DavidW

I can see from the online docs that this is disabled by default. I think I misunderstood how to use the admin interface properly. The check was in the default column, the other was disabled. So I unchecked the default column checkbox which enabled the other checkbox. I checked that and submitted. Then I triggered a reboot. Not all works as you described. Thanks for your help and patience with this newbie!