News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Land line Call Forwarding?

Started by dennist, May 29, 2012, 06:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennist

When a landline is connected to OBi110, can it be configured to be forwarded to other numbers by SP1 or SP2 automatically?

Stewart

This works fine and is very straightforward.

However, if you want to pass the caller ID of the original caller, this involves a more complex setup and will only work with certain VoIP providers.

dennist

Quote from: Stewart on May 29, 2012, 10:26:26 AM
This works fine and is very straightforward.

However, if you want to pass the caller ID of the original caller, this involves a more complex setup and will only work with certain VoIP providers.
THere is no need to pass the caller ID of the original caller. Can you point me the link of the instruction?

Stewart

For the Line port, set CallForwardUnconditionalEnable (checked) and CallForwardUnconditionalNumber to the number to which calls should be forwarded.  By default, calls will go out on your Primary Line.  If you want to use a specific provider, set CallForwardUnconditionalNumber to e.g. sp1(12123456789)

babobi

Stewart, could you please tell me how to forward my Comcast landline to my Callcentic number WHILE KEEPING the Caller ID of the ORIGINATING call? Thanks so much!

hwittenb

Quote from: babobi on June 23, 2014, 11:07:47 AM
Stewart, could you please tell me how to forward my Comcast landline to my Callcentic number WHILE KEEPING the Caller ID of the ORIGINATING call? Thanks so much!
babobi

Of course you can go to your Comcast account and at that level forward the call to another number.  This is probably the best solution.
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/forward-calls-with-call-forwarding/
http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/voice/phone-managing-call-forwarding-routing

To forward an incoming landline (FXO port) call to an OBi110 you bridge the incoming call to the OBi110 to an outgoing call from the OBi110.  You can do this on the Line Port with the Call Forwarding settings or with an InboundCallRoute setting.  

If you wish to retain the incoming caller id on the outgoing call, one way to do this is to make the outgoing call a sip uri call to your destination and have the OBi110 setting X_SpoofCallerID checked on the ITSP Profile SIP settings.  This means that your voip provider must accept incoming sip uri calls to your account.  CallCentric does accept incoming sip uri calls to your account, or to your DID , so you would setup the forwarding for example SP2(17771234567@in.callcentric.com) or SP2(15101234567@in.callcentric.com) where 17771234567 is your callcentric account or extension number and 15101234567 is your "full" DID.
http://www.callcentric.com/faq/4/130

With the Line Port there is a Ring Delay setting with a 4-second default.  You need this default delay so that the OBi110 can receive and decode the incoming caller id on the analog line.