News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV as VoiceGateway - used by local ATA/SIP phone on LAN

Started by rob613, May 31, 2012, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob613

Is it possible to have a second GV account configured as a VoiceGateway?
Combining a few neat usage tricks posted in this forum it seems that a local SIP phone could dial out through the Obi and have it use this second GV account while SP1 is GV and SP2 is a SIP provider.
The multiple tricks I have in mind:
1) a thread describing how to use an alternate SIP provider, such as for toll-free call termination
2) a thread describing how to use a local ATA/SIP phone to dial out through the Obi

To combine these items I would have an ATA/SIP phone set up so that when it calls out through the Obi, per thread 2, rather than using a modified SP2 to the SIP server, to use a modified SP1 within the Voice Gateway which uses the alternate GV credentials.

Since the Obi seems to consider GV a type of SIP service, perhaps it can do something like this just like the way an alternate SIP server, per thread 1, is set up within the parentheses?

N7AS

I use Voice Gateways for outbound calls through GV. To do this, you need to have setup your GV number to go through Simon Telephonics GV Gateway. Use the credentials provided for the VG on the OBi.
They are not accepting any new users at this time, but MT has posted that they may open it up in a week or so.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

azrobert

I assume your number 2 is the thread I started.

As N7AS suggested, setup an OBi GW with the Simon Telephonics credentials.

Change the sp2 X_InboundCallRoute to {(robert)>(xxxxxxxxxx):vg1},{ph}
All 10 digit numbers entered on the ATA will be forwarded to the OBi's VG1.

For more flexibility use:
{(robert)>(xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{(robert)>(<9:>xxxxxxxxxx):vg1},{ph}
All 10 digit numbers entered on the ATA will be forwarded to the OBi's sp1
10 digit numbers with a prefix "9" will be forwarded to the OBi's VG1
The call route will strip off the "9".

It looks like Simon is back in business here:
https://simonics.com/gvgw/