News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice VM Picks Up to Soon

Started by giveituplouie, May 31, 2012, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveituplouie

I have theOBi110 with Google Voice. I do not have it forwarding to any cells - only have it connected with Panasonic home phones. The problem I'm having is the phone only rings 3 times tops before it goes to the Google Voice VM. Is there a way to get it to ring 5-6 time before going to voice mail?
Thanks in advance -S

OZOi

Could you please make test call(s), measure your ringing time and post here?

Recently, when I begun to configure my local voicemail to pick up incoming calls, I've discovered a weird behavior of my GV DID too. To test it, I call my GV DID from a land line and watch. I've discovered that my switch (FreeSWITCH, taking calls via Google Voice channel) rings my local phones for only first 15 sec. Then GV sends call terminate message to it (WTF???), but the caller still hear the ringing tone for the next 15 sec ... and eventually call goes to GV voicemail box.

Why Google Voice sends call terminate message in only 15 sec, and not in a promised time (25 sec)?

It means that if I want to pick up a new incoming call I have only first 15 sec of time. I guess anyone would agree that it could be too short time in many scenarios...

I'm looking for a way to increase that time frame from 15 sec to at least 25 sec. But how to do that???