News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 not using SP2 Anveo Account to call 911

Started by mshomo, June 01, 2012, 10:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshomo

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'm new to this OBi110. I set it up with Google Voice and it is working well. I checked the "make this the primary line to call out from". I used it for about two weeks with no problems. Then I decided I wanted to have a 911 service, so I did the .80 a month account at Anveo. Everything went fine as far as registering and all. I set up the OBi110 with Anveo on SP2 and checked to "use this service for emergency 911 calls". My problem is when I arranged for a test 911 call the guy told me it went to a desk at the center, but not the actual emergency area. He said the girl at that desk is not always right there. I then checked my call logs and the call went through Google Voice to 911 not Anveo. Anveo showed no calls being made today. Do I have something set wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Stewart

The OutboundCallRoute for the Phone port should contain {911:sp2}

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2635.0

Possibly, the 911 setup you did was not saved, or other config that you did somehow conflicts.  If you can't resolve it easily, post the digit maps for the Phone port, SP1 and SP2, and the OutboundCallRoute for the Phone port.

mshomo

Thanks for the reply, Stewart.

I had already read that post before I called them. I set up the "Outbound Call Route" with what was recommended in the post. I submitted the changes and went back in to verify that they saved.

It was originally -
{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I changed it to-
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I changed it back to the original when the call didn't work. I went to the OBi Expert Configuration - Physical Interfaces - Phone and under Phone Port my settings are now-

Digitmap-
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Outbound Call Route-
{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Call Return Digitmap-
{pli:(xx.)},{sp1:(<**1>xx.)},{sp2:(<**2>xx.)},{li:(<**8>xx.)},{pp:(<**9>xx.)}

I don't see any "Digitmaps" for SP1 or SP2. I just see the "Phone Port" one.

Thanks for your help on this.

Stewart

Quote from: mshomo on June 01, 2012, 01:46:03 PMI don't see any "Digitmaps" for SP1 or SP2. I just see the "Phone Port" one.
Sorry, my bad.  The VoIP digit maps are under ITSP Profile A (or B) -> General.

Your present OutboundCallRoute looks a little weird -- although the first entry is correct, there is another entry for 911 further down, which I believe should be ignored, but I would remove it anyway, i.e. replace {(<#:>|911):li} with {(<#:>):li}

However, I see nothing wrong with the original setup.

In any case, after a reboot, log into the OBi (not the OBiTalk portal) and confirm that the correct settings are really saved.  Also, confirm that calls on Anveo (using **2 and calling a normal number) get completed normally.  Then, I'd arrange for another 911 test.  If you have the same problem again, try to get some help from Obihai.

mshomo

Stewart,
Here are the VoIP digit maps you asked for-

ITSP Profile A General - Digitmap
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1814>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

ITSP Profile B General - Digitmap
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1814>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I replaced the present OutboundCallRoute per your instructions to this-

{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I rebooted the OBi1100 after the change, logged into the OBi (not the OBiTalk portal) and it saved it. I also confirmed that a call on Anveo (using **2 and calling a normal number) completed normally. It also registered on my call log at Anveo. Do I need to dial that **2 before 911 or will it just go through on Anveo? Yesterday when I called 911 it showed up in my Google Voice log.

I will call 911 again on Monday and speak with the person I was referred to. I just want to make sure I have everything right on my end, so I'm not wasting their time. One other thing I was wondering about, I have little red exclamation marks at then end of these settings. Is that normal? Once again, thank you for your help. People like you make things so much easier for beginners like me.

Stewart

You should not have to dial **2911; the purpose of this setup is to let you dial just 911.  However, I believe that **2911 should also work.

This all looks fine to me, though perhaps one of the other regulars can spot a problem.  Otherwise, good luck with your test on Monday.