News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stutter Dialtone but no Voicemails waiting?

Started by MarilynMpls, June 06, 2012, 11:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarilynMpls

Hi there,
I'm brand new here (just got my Obi202 yesterday).  I have it all set up with Google Voice.  However, When I try to call out, I hear a ton of beeps before getting a dialtone (stutter dialtone indicating voicemail), but when I check my voicemail (both calling in and through the website), there is no new voicemail waiting.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks
Marilyn

bitstopjoe

Just a thought:
Check to see if you got a text message on GV. I had this happen to me ( I didnt even know GV could receive texts). Once I read and deleted the texts the stutter went away in a few min. Just log into your GV account and see if any are there.

Like chicken soup, it cant hurt to check :)

Joe Sica

kzaidi

Hi, so I had the same problem.  My issue was that I had unread messages in the trash and spam folders.  I had to delete forever everything in the spam and trash folders, wait about 5 mins, reboot the obi device, and finally i got a nice dial tone :)

Not sure if we have to wait, but I had to run the bathroom..

hodag

The VM indicator from the remote site will drop on its own without the need to reboot Obi.  However, this does not happen immediately so it takes a few minutes.

I had much the same issue on my Google accounts; you need to clean out the junk from unlistened messages before the server will indicate that the box is empty.

egandb

Quote from: kzaidi on June 11, 2012, 11:47:37 PM
Hi, so I had the same problem.  My issue was that I had unread messages in the trash and spam folders.  I had to delete forever everything in the spam and trash folders, wait about 5 mins, reboot the obi device, and finally i got a nice dial tone :)

Same thing was happening to me. I had an unread message in the Trash folder in my Google Voice account. I deleted (permanently/forever) all the trash, and within seconds the VMWI indicator light on my new Uniden D1785 had shut off and the stutter tone was gone. Thanks kzaidi!!

dwh367

This was a bug that was introduced with the latest firmware version that they evidently refuse to fix.  From reading all of the posts on here it's not an isolated incident.  The last update for my box was back in January so that tells me they aren't even trying to find the problem.  I completely cleared everything in my Google Voice account 6 hours ago and my VM indicator is still flashing on my cordless handset.  Because of this, I have recommended another product from another manufacturer to those who inquire about it and will continue to do so until they admit there's a bug in the latest firmware version and fix it.  That also tells me that they don't even use their own products. This is my first and last Obi product.  If it ever quits working, I'll buy a similar product from another vendor as well.   

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: dwh367 on September 03, 2013, 04:13:43 PM
This was a bug that was introduced with the latest firmware version that they evidently refuse to fix.  From reading all of the posts on here it's not an isolated incident.  The last update for my box was back in January so that tells me they aren't even trying to find the problem.  I completely cleared everything in my Google Voice account 6 hours ago and my VM indicator is still flashing on my cordless handset.  Because of this, I have recommended another product from another manufacturer to those who inquire about it and will continue to do so until they admit there's a bug in the latest firmware version and fix it.  That also tells me that they don't even use their own products. This is my first and last Obi product.  If it ever quits working, I'll buy a similar product from another vendor as well.   

An FYI here. The OP mentions an Obi202, the last post before yours is dated June 24, 2013, and you stated you last had a firmware update in January.

Something is not right, ... are you referencing an Obi202 model? There have been two Obi202 firmware updates since 24-Jun.  And while I do agree the VM indicator is not 100% totally fixed in the most recent 202 f/w, the issue is isolated and seems to be less prevalent (for me on two different 202s).