News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with Obi202 newbie coming from a MagicJack Plus

Started by Integraoligist, June 07, 2012, 12:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Integraoligist

My initial thought for 2 100s was that if one decided to crap out on me, I have the second one still working and can swap the GV # over to it until a new 100 arrives.  But the few added benefits of the 202 may outweight that.

How is the reliability of the OBi's?  Any model breakdown more then the other? Do they have the reliability of say a Switch (which usually lasts forever) or maybe a regular router (which for some reason only last a couple years for me)?

Ostracus

Has the Obihai product line been around long enough to give a quantitative answer?

carl

Quote from: Integraoligist on June 13, 2012, 06:48:14 PM
My initial thought for 2 100s was that if one decided to crap out on me, I have the second one still working and can swap the GV # over to it until a new 100 arrives.  But the few added benefits of the 202 may outweight that.

How is the reliability of the OBi's?  Any model breakdown more then the other? Do they have the reliability of say a Switch (which usually lasts forever) or maybe a regular router (which for some reason only last a couple years for me)?

The only negative thing about the reliability so far are a few reports about the power adapter failure. If a back up is so important for you, then maybe 2 Obi 202 would be the solution. BTW routers get hot, at least mine do and electronics which stay hot usually do not last very many years.
Obi 100 is great for the price, but only if you are o.k.with just one line and 2 providers.