News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice call screening does not work

Started by JohnBowler, June 12, 2012, 08:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBowler

I want to use Google Voice call screening, however, when I disable X_SkipCallScreening from the OBiTalk "expert" interface my OBi202 is no longer able to receive incoming calls on the relevant SP.

Yes, I am aware that disabling the call screening in the expert interface requires two reboots (attempting to change both the "default" checkbox and the actual one in one step doesn't work).

I verified the result after the require two reboots via *both* the obitalk.com and the LAN interface; both verified that the call screening foo was disabled.  Indeed, prior to disabling it I could receive calls, after disabling it, regardless of where the call originated (I tried three separate numbers, Skype, and two POTS lines) when I picked up GV did not connect - both ends were unconnected.

I also note that when GV is configured to call my mobile as well as GT my mobile picks up just fine and I get the expected call screening GV UI.

Clearly Obi202 is sending some poo to GV that causes it to not connect; my mobile number (if enabled) keeps ringing even after I pick up on the OBi SP.

So, it doesn't work.  Please fix.

John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>