News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 >>> Bluetooth Device >>> mobile

Started by ianobi, June 13, 2012, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

My setup uses a mobile phone as a "landline" for my OBi110 line port via a bluetooth device. In my case it's  GP510, others I know use xlink.

I have been getting a "no tones" situation on some calls. After substituting the Obi with a normal corded phone, it became clear that this is not an Obi problem at all! Using an android mobile, if the called number returns a busy signal, then the mobile does not send busy back to the bluetooth device, leading the caller to suspect the Obi. I changed the android mobile for an old Nokia (very pre-android) and the busy signal returns as expected through to the Obi phone port.

Can anyone else with a similar setup reproduce this problem? I live in the UK, but I don't think that it's a question of busy signal here being odd in some way. Yes, I know lots of things and people are weird in UK  ;)

ianobi

realjohny

hi,

I know its very old post but did anyone else faced same issue? I am planning the same setup and have a bluetooth device that pairs with two phones and gives a PSTN tone. But I am wondering how reliable it is...bluetooth link and other issues?