News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Too much disturbance in calls

Started by mvg1, June 17, 2012, 07:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvg1

For the last few days, calls through ONI are not clear with too much noise and static for both calling party and teh receiving end.

Any inputs to take care of this?

mvg

pc44

Hi mvg1,

Which model of the Obi are you using?  Also, which VoIP provider are you using (e.g. Google Voice, Callcentric, Anveo, etc)?

It sounds like the problem only started happening recently for you.  So, I assume it was working just fine prior to that.

If you can give us some more info, it might help,
pc44

mvg1

Thanks for responding.

My model is OBI100 and using with Google voice.

Yes, was working fine and disturbance has started recently. Both when making or receiving calls, there is a delay and other end unable to hear clearly.

mvg

pc44

Hi mvg1,

Alright, here are a couple things we could try.  The first option may be a bit painful, but it is a way to try to isolate the problem here.

Can you temporarily hook-up your Obi directly to your internet modem (bypassing any routers)?  You may need to restart the modem and the Obi after hooking them up directly.  If you can do this, let us know if you notice any difference or improvement in call quality.  If you really don't want to hook-up the Obi directly to the modem, you may also try placing the IP address of your Obi inside your router's DMZ.  We are just trying to determine if your particular router is causing any trouble with the VoIP traffic.

There are other tips and advice that other forum members can hopefully provide here.

Just keep us posted,
pc44

JohnBowler

Do you have a landline number linked into GV, and is that the one where the problems happen?

Can you get a GV number into the same landline station number as your own?  (I..e the first six digits?)  If you can't GV doesn't have a plug into your exchange and I suspect you may experience call quality issues (I was 541592 and GV doesn't have a plug there, I also had big call quality problems.)

John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>

jxzz

Using my obion android,  I found the same.  the call quality is too much noise and echo by default.

I found out using headphone solved the problem.  Obion with headphone is same quality to that of  csipsimple with callcentirc or talkatone on google voice.