News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I use 2 GV numbers on the OBI 100, if not how about the 110 unit

Started by DonB, June 21, 2012, 09:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonB

I currently have a OBI 100, is there any way to use 2 GV number on the one unit, if yes how to configure, if not is there an OBI unit that allows that, and what would be the configuration for this process, TIA

QBZappy

DonB,

Easy as pie. Get yourself 2 GV numbers and configure the 2 separate account slots as GV accounts. If you have been successful at setting up one GV acct, then just repeat the process on the other Sever provider slot.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

DonB

Thanks for the quick reply, but how would I go about having the 2 numbers on 2 different phones, if possible, and since I presently have only the OBI 100 I assume that does not allow for 2 phone lines, so if I did have both GV numbers set up as mentioned, if I wanted to use one that is in the 2 SP slots, how would I switch between the 2 to make a call on the one I want to use for that particular call

Also if I got the OBI 110 would that allow me to have both GV numbers to be setup on each individual phone port ?? I could sell the 100 and buy the 110, please advise.

Quote from: QBZappy on June 21, 2012, 10:21:43 AM
DonB,

Easy as pie. Get yourself 2 GV numbers and configure the 2 separate account slots as GV accounts. If you have been successful at setting up one GV acct, then just repeat the process on the other Sever provider slot.

Stewart

The OBi110 would not be useful for your application.

If you need concurrent calls, e.g. so you can make and receive calls while your wife is on the phone, the OBi202 is the ticket.  You could connect it to two separate phones, to a two-line multi-handset system, etc.

If you just want two numbers, e.g. a family line and a business line, your OBi100 should do fine.  You can set it up so the numbers ring with different patterns.  If your Primary Line is SP1, just dial **2+number to call from SP2.

DonB

Thank you,  ;),  that is exactly what I wanted to know, that is correct, not important to have 2 phones, I simply wanted to be able to use the community GV number that I have set up for our HOA community, so when I need to make a call and do not want to give my personal number out, then I could use the SP2 number and that is the number they would see, perfect, I will try it tonight, TIA for all your help, if I have any issues I will report back.

Now you did mention I could set up the SP 2 for a different ring pattern from the phone, how would I do that, please advise if possible. I thought the ring pattern was from the phone ? I would assume this is from the web interface, and also it is not important that I have a different ring for that line, i even don't need itr to ring, i will mainly use it for outgoing community calls to venders and homeowners, but would still be nice to know my options, if I did decide I wanted it to ring with a different ring pattern

Quote from: Stewart on June 21, 2012, 10:52:29 AM
The OBi110 would not be useful for your application.

If you need concurrent calls, e.g. so you can make and receive calls while your wife is on the phone, the OBi202 is the ticket.  You could connect it to two separate phones, to a two-line multi-handset system, etc.

If you just want two numbers, e.g. a family line and a business line, your OBi100 should do fine.  You can set it up so the numbers ring with different patterns.  If your Primary Line is SP1, just dial **2+number to call from SP2.

Stewart

Assuming that X_RingProfile for both SP1 and SP2 are set to A (the default), and that you have not messed with any settings in Ring Profile A, then changing SP2 Service -> X_DefaultRing from 1 to 3 should result in:

A call on SP1 will ring 2 seconds on, 4 seconds off (same as before).
A call on SP2 will ring 0.8 seconds on, 0.4 seconds off, 0.8 seconds on, 4 seconds off.

If you don't want SP2 calls to ring the OBi at all, in your GV settings for that account, Phones tab, uncheck Google chat.

DonB

Thank You Stewart, I will give it a go tonight, I will set up SP 2 to the second GV number, and test it out, then I will play around with the ring patterns, and I may uncheck Google Talk, so by doing that it will still allow me to make outgoing calls ??

Quote from: Stewart on June 21, 2012, 11:37:20 AM
Assuming that X_RingProfile for both SP1 and SP2 are set to A (the default), and that you have not messed with any settings in Ring Profile A, then changing SP2 Service -> X_DefaultRing from 1 to 3 should result in:

A call on SP1 will ring 2 seconds on, 4 seconds off (same as before).
A call on SP2 will ring 0.8 seconds on, 0.4 seconds off, 0.8 seconds on, 4 seconds off.

If you don't want SP2 calls to ring the OBi at all, in your GV settings for that account, Phones tab, uncheck Google chat.

Stewart

Quote from: DonB on June 21, 2012, 11:42:11 AMI will set up SP 2 to the second GV number, and test it out, then I will play around with the ring patterns, and I may uncheck Google Talk, so by doing that it will still allow me to make outgoing calls ??
Outgoing calls should be unaffected, though you may still hear a "stutter" dial tone if there is voicemail waiting for the second line.

DonB

K, is there also a way to check the Voicemail on the OBI, without having to login to the GV itself

Quote from: Stewart on June 21, 2012, 11:45:49 AM
Quote from: DonB on June 21, 2012, 11:42:11 AMI will set up SP 2 to the second GV number, and test it out, then I will play around with the ring patterns, and I may uncheck Google Talk, so by doing that it will still allow me to make outgoing calls ??
Outgoing calls should be unaffected, though you may still hear a "stutter" dial tone if there is voicemail waiting for the second line.

Stewart

Quote from: DonB on June 21, 2012, 11:49:49 AM
K, is there also a way to check the Voicemail on the OBI, without having to login to the GV itself
If you dial your own GV number from the OBi, you should get the prompt for voicemail retrieval.  (In your case, to retrieve the SP2 box, you would dial **2+the SP2 number.  You can set up speed dials for both voicemail boxes.

DonB

Thanks for all the info bud, main line I use the phone answering for the main line, it will be only for the SP 2 line, thanks.

Quote from: Stewart on June 21, 2012, 12:01:31 PM
Quote from: DonB on June 21, 2012, 11:49:49 AM
If you dial your own GV number from the OBi, you should get the prompt for voicemail retrieval.  (In your case, to retrieve the SP2 box, you would dial **2+the SP2 number.  You can set up speed dials for both voicemail boxes.

DonB

OK, just set it all up and works great exactly as advised, thanks for all the help, appreciate it, FYI the ring tone was already different for the SP 2, but I did end disabling it because we use a phone with an answering machine and did not want the messages co mingling.  8)