News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI + OOMA - Features,tricks and Tips

Started by dealyanodeal, March 15, 2011, 09:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dealyanodeal

Not sure how many are out there who will be using OOMA with OBI but going by slickdeal's original thread..there might be many of us out there who want make full use of OOMA's capabilities with OBI's power so wanted to start a thread where people can post the ways,tips,tricks they are doing with their ooma+obi.

To start the thread, I was able to use ooma's international calling plan from my cell phone by using the bridging functionality provided by ooma.
here are the details....
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=44.0

dadab

Do you have the ooma dial tone? I lost mine after doing my set up. I kinda like ooma dial tone. How can I get it back?

dealyanodeal

I get ooma tone if I press '#'. If I just dial the number staright or dial the 'talk' and then number then I dont get the ooma tone.

RonR

Pressing '#' immediately bridges the OBi's PHONE Port to its LINE Port.  At that point, it's like your phone is wired directly to your Ooma (hence you hear the Ooma dialtone).  Under all other scenarios, your phone is under the supervision of the OBi and all dialtones and whatever you hear are OBi generated.  Once you complete your dialing sequence, then the OBi acts upon it.

ProdigalSon

Quote from: RonR on March 16, 2011, 12:10:08 PM
Pressing '#' immediately bridges the OBi's PHONE Port to its LINE Port.  At that point, it's like your phone is wired directly to your Ooma (hence you hear the Ooma dialtone).  Under all other scenarios, your phone is under the supervision of the OBi and all dialtones and whatever you hear are OBi generated.  Once you complete your dialing sequence, then the OBi acts upon it.

Is there any work around to get Ooma working with the OBi202?
Thanks in advance...

jimates

the 202 does not have a line port to input your Ooma.

You can use call forwarding on one or the other device to answer all your calls on one device. You will likely encounter caller id problems though.

Kurtois

Hardware:
Obi202 + Obi110 + Ooma Telo + iPhone 4 with ObiON + iPad with ObiON (unused currently) + FreedomPop 4G WiMAX Proton Hotspot

Topology:
Cable Modem > Router > VoIP devices

Hotspot > ObiON

I do not have a landline. I have 110 connected to Ooma via Line. I can dial out via Ooma on cable modem ISP through ObiON using separate hotspot WiMAX network without any special configurations from these RonR posts. However, I CANNOT receive calls via ObiON to date.