News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

fax tone (or something like it)

Started by Raki1974, June 25, 2012, 08:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raki1974

I have an OBI110, i have a PSTN line connected and Google Voice on SP1.

When i get a regular PSTN phone call, if i dont answer quickly enough the caller gets a tone that sounds like a fax tone, and even if i pick it up i can hear the fax tone and the person who called me also (eventhough its impossible to talk over that fax tone). IS there a way to cancel this fax tone or whatever other name this tone has?

Another problem i have also been experiencing: This doesnt happen all the time, just randomly: a caller dials my PSTN line connected to OBI110, when i pickup i can start the conversation with the person who called me but the ringing tone keeps going (the one the caller always listens to until the call connects). Have you heard of this? How can i fix it?

Thanks!

RFord

As far as the fax tone is concern, are you sure there is no Fax machine attached to your PSTN line?  Is the PSTN Line attached to your Personal Computer via any type of Modem with fax capabilities?  Is the PSTN Line connected to an Alarm System and could your Alarm Monitoring company remotely call into your Alarm System to make changes?  Any other devices attached to your Land Line?

Are you Line Port settings at their default?