News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't Answer on Google

Started by dcasciato, June 27, 2012, 10:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcasciato

I have the Obi 202 - incoming calls are ringing on my hardwired phone to the Obi and my mobile phone as desired. I can make outgoing phone calls on the Obi hard phone and through Google Talk. When I try to make a call from the Gmail Contacts - I get a ring back to the Obi hard phone or mobile phone, guess this is working correctly.

I would like to answer calls on GoogleTalk also but no ring - is this correct? Is something setup incorrectly? I briefly had a Obi110 and seem to recall this was possible. "Upgraded" to the 202 figuring to move fax service to line 2 with 1 piece of hardware... should I have just purchased 2 Obi110's?

Will the Obi PC software solve this problem. Have not installed that yet - did not want to add confusion.

Thanks Dan

pc44

Hi Dan,

I can't say that I know how to resolve this; however, there has been some discussion in the past regarding the use of GoogleTalk and OBI w/GV at the same time.  If it helps any, you may want to take a look at the following thread, including the last post/link in the thread:

Obi and Google Phone ringing at the same time?

Hope it helps somewhat,
pc44