News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

low aa audio on 202

Started by flash248, June 28, 2012, 02:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flash248

i love my 202 w/3 gv accts and 1 callcentric did. works great... use 1 gv acct to call philippines. my problem is when i call the obi aa on my sprint evo 4g i can barely hear it. any ideas how to increase volume?

thx.

Stewart

Though I don't know the cause of low audio, I am curious why you would be using the AA at all.

If you are calling in on GV and out on GV, you should be able to simply dial your own GV number and at the GV main menu, press 2 to make an outgoing call, then dial your PH contact.  The call is handled entirely by GV, and should have lower latency and better quality than going through the OBi.

OTOH. if you are calling in on VoIP (Wi-Fi or cellular data), you can set up OBiON to use single stage dialing, so you'll be connected to your contact directly, without having to use the AA.

flash

I use the OBITalk on my cell to call the AA so I can dial out using the fast dial numbers as well as International using my Callcentric number and a pre-paid GV account.

Stewart

For calls through CC, see http://www.callcentric.com/calling_card/ . If desired, get a free dedicated access number, so you needn't enter account number or PIN.  You can use their speed dial feature, instead of entering the complete destination number.

For calls through GV, see my previous post.

Neither of the above involve the OBi in any way.  I believe that in most cases, you will get better reliability and quality.  On most cell phones, you can program a Contact with pauses, to completely automate the procedure.

Although quality is IMO not as good as Callcentric (probably comparable to calling through the OBi), you might take a look at Localphone -- once set up, you dial a local number and it rings your contact directly.  Five-minute free trial.  Also Rebtel, top-quality but generally more expensive than CC.

For cheap calls to PH (or most anywhre), check out CallWithUs (quality not the best) or Betamax http://backsla.sh/betamax (bottom of the barrel).  Both have calling card features, so the OBi is not required.