News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need Help Setting up Verizon/MCI SIP on OBi110: Register Failed: 404 Not found

Started by Rhys, July 11, 2012, 12:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys

Hello,

I have a Verizon/MCI SIP account which I have successfully set up using Eyebeam softphone as well as SIPDroid and the native SIP functionality built into Android 4.0+.  I am having a great deal of trouble setting it up with the OBi110.  I think the problem is that i don't know exactly where each setting is supposed to match up to in the OBi setup.

Here is the info (some values have been made generic for security) I have for my SIP account:

Display Name: 1234567
Username: 1234567
Password: Password1234
Authorization Name: authname1234
Domain: mci.globalipcom.com

Under 'Domain Proxy' options in softphone:
'Register with domain and receive incoming calls should be checked'
Outbound proxy info: Manual override host: idnsbc.mci.com:5070

With that info, can anyone tell me what values I should be plugging into the OBi setup, and where?  Do I need to go into advanced mode?

I've got my Google Voice account working perfectly, but I need to use this line for business purposes.

Thanks!

Stewart

Just guessing here, assuming that you're using ITSP Profile B and SP2:

In ServiceProviders -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP:
ProxyServer: mci.globalipcom.com
RegistrarServer: mci.globalipcom.com
OutboundProxy: idnsbc.mci.com
OutboundProxyPort: 5070

In Voice Services -> SP2 Service:
AuthUserName: authname1234
AuthPassword: Password1234
URI: 1234567@mci.globalipcom.com
CallerIDName: 1234567

If no luck, use Wireshark on the Eyebeam machine to see how it registers, use SIP Debug on the OBi to see how it registers, look at what's different.

Rhys

Thanks so much, this was 100% correct and now both lines are working perfectly.  You saved me a ton of frustration, I really appreciate it!