News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID issue => Betamax account in Voice Gateway

Started by Momo, April 24, 2012, 03:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momo

Hi,

I need your help to get the caller ID working with Rynga (Betamax account)

My rynga account is configured in Voice gateway 3. And the caller ID has been "verified" by rynga. If I use their software, caller ID is working.

I had the same issue before with PAP2. In order for outgoing CID to work, I had to put the desired and verified number in the "User ID" field, and enabled the "Use Auth ID" and entered my username in the AuthID field.

But I don't know how to configure with Obi. People are only getting unknown or private number.

Thanks for your help.

Stewart

I don't know whether this will work with Rynga, but try e.g.
Voice Gateway3 -> AccessNumber -> SP2(sip.rynga.com;ui=3369950xxxx;op=ns)

Of course, substitute the actual value of the desired caller ID and the present settings for op= (if applicable).

If the above doesn't work, is it possible to move Rynga to an SPx and use a VGx for the provider currently there?

If that's not feasible, either, would Voxbeam or FlowRoute be an acceptable provider to send those calls?

Momo

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for your reply. I am now in office. I'll try tonight. But what is "op=ns" ?

Stewart

See description of enhancements to 1.2.1(2283) in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

I'm very disappointed that Obihai doesn't include details like this when they update the Admin Guide.

Momo

Thanks Stewart... But they say that

"Note that if userid or password is specified in VG1-8 AccessNumber, it overwrites the settings in AuthUserID, and AuthPassword in the VG."

If I understand, my username in AuthuserID will be overwritten with your settings...

Stewart

Quote from: Momo on April 24, 2012, 05:17:58 AMIf I understand, my username in AuthuserID will be overwritten with your settings...
Unfortunately, you are probably correct.  In the referenced post, there is an example given:
VG1-8 AccessNumber = SP1(sip.inum.net;user=1000;op=imns)
I don't know whether that's just a typo, or if user= and ui= are somehow different and will let you do what you want.

Otherwise, you'll either have to put Rynga in an SPx (where it's known that you can set the URI and AuthUserName differently), or you'll have to use a provider with IP address authentication, or one that lets you set caller ID on their Web portal.

hwittenb

I can confirm Stewart's postings.  I ran an OBi test with my Voipbuster Betamax number that has a registered caller id.  I don't think there is a way to do it with a VoiceGateway (VG) but it does work if setup properly in SPx.  In the VG  I believe you only can setup to call without setting the Betamax registered caller id.

To setup in in the main SPx account under SIP Credentials you setup your Betamax AuthUserName with your Betamax userid and you setup the URI field with your registered (with Betamax) caller id number.  In my case I use the number including the country code.

When setting up in the Voice Gateway the AuthID and the ui=override settings are just for the UserID in the authorization.  I don't know how to setup the caller id, it uses the AuthID setting.  I tried setting it in the AccessNumber and I tried the user= suggestion.  Neither put the caller id in the From: or Remote-Party-ID: in the Sip INVITE which is what is required.

Felix

I have account with VoipDiscount (one of Betamax companies); and I specify caller id in the portal. And no matter what I put in SPx, it is ignored, and the caller id comes whatever I set on the portal.

Does Voipbuster and ringo work differently? Or I missed something in this conversation?

Note, that I am fine the way it is... So, it's just idel curiosity :o

Stewart

Quote from: Felix on April 24, 2012, 11:17:20 PMDoes Voipbuster and ringo work differently?
Ringo definitely works differently.  Actually, I'm amazed that he's still working.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_2012

Huib

Quote from: hwittenb on April 24, 2012, 10:00:15 AM
To setup in in the main SPx account under SIP Credentials you setup your Betamax AuthUserName with your Betamax userid and you setup the URI field with your registered (with Betamax) caller id number.  In my case I use the number including the country code.

Can you share how you have setup your URI field? I'm looking to add my callerid to my Betamax/Dellmont clone but don't know the exact setup necessary for the URI field you're speaking off.

Thanks!

hwittenb

Huib,

If your "verified" by Betamax number was (1)9255551212 and you were setting up your Betamax account under SP2 then you would put the following in the URI field under SIP Credentials under SP2 Service under Voice Services:

i.e. VoiceServices-->SP2Service-->URI-->19255551212

and you would have your Betamax AuthID under AuthUserName

Huib

Quote from: hwittenb on August 09, 2012, 10:22:05 PM
i.e. VoiceServices-->SP2Service-->URI-->19255551212

Thank you! I have a verified caller id number so I should be good to go. I thought it was going to be more complicated but it couldn't be simpler :)