News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stupid fake incoming calls

Started by Kamakzie, July 17, 2012, 10:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakzie

I use Viatalk on SP1.  I'm so sick of these fake calls coming in labeled 1 or 555-555-5555 or unknown.  Anyway to block that crap? 

Stewart

For SP1 Service, try changing X_UserAgentPort from 5060 to 5070.  If you previously had to forward port 5060 in your router, forward port 5070 instead.

Kamakzie

Thanks I changed it, I'll give it a try.

Kamakzie

Well that worked for a couple months but now they are back...

ianobi

You could try a blocking strategy.

The scanners calling me at 2am used numbers like 100, 1000, 1001. I put this rule in one of my X_InboundCallRoute:

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):} ...

It bans any blank caller id and any caller id less that seven digits. It's been working for me for a long time. You might use something like:

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|555555xx.|un@@.|anon@@.):} ...

Kamakzie

So I just put that line {(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):} ... exactly as it is and it should work?

ianobi

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):} ...

Put this rule before the rules you already have. If all you have now is ph, then the final X_InboundCallRoute would look like:

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

It bans any blank caller id and any caller id less that seven digits, all other calls ring the phone.

I suggested

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|555555xx.|un@@.|anon@@.):}

to try to fit the numbers you described. For example un@@. will block any call that shows up as "unknown". Try to fit the rule to the numbers that you wish to ban.

Kamakzie

So I would do {(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|100xx.|un@@.|anon@@.):}

?? 100 is the number coming up.

Kamakzie

I  put this in {(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph} we will see if that fixes it.  Why do those idiots scan anyways? 

GregoryZ

Quote from: Kamakzie on September 07, 2012, 03:43:39 PM
Why do those idiots scan anyways? 

I was wondering the same thing.  :)

Does anyone have a clue?

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202