News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connecting to 125.142.125.74 after any power outage

Started by Arghtastic, July 20, 2012, 06:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghtastic

I've changed my DNS service. Yet, everytime the power goes off, my Obi202 tries to connect to the above address, which appears to belong to Korea telecom--so hacker. . . comments?  Feedback?

pc44

Hi Arghtastic,

Just out of curiosity, is your OBI set for Static IP or DHCP?

Which DNS servers are you currently using inside the OBI?

pc44

Arghtastic

Obi is set for static address on my network.  I'm using OpenDNS--before I was using my Service Providers DNS.

pc44

Arghtastic,

I realize some of these sound like dumb questions, but I'm just trying to help.  In the OBI202, you will notice that there are 2 (two) locations for DNS Server entries... one under WAN Status and another under WIFI Status.  Could you confirm that you have the correct info inputted for whichever network interface you are using?

I would guess you are not using the WiFi feature of the OBI202, but let's just make sure the DNS Server entries are correct for the WAN and/or WiFi side.  You could also try 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, and 4.2.2.2 for DNS Servers other than OpenDNS.

pc44

Arghtastic

Arghtastic

As a side note, I also have sipgate and ideasip setup.  Sipgate does not have a problem nor does ideasip.  Disconnecting my cable modem (TimeWarner) and reconnecting it also clears the errant registration address, as well as a disconnect and reconnect of the OBi. 

It looks like someone has figured out a way to hijack GV on the OBi.  I can't figure out why unplugging the modem or the OBi clears it. .  .it should come back with the same issue.