News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Do not want Obi get incoming rings or Obi vs Android GV

Started by LuvU43v3r, July 23, 2012, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvU43v3r

I currently have GV on Android phone, the GV from Google not Talkatone or GrooveIP . Right now, when someone calls my GV number the handset hooked into the Obi will ring , but not my Android phone. Instead, I want it to act like in the FAQ says Talkatone, GrooveIP take priority over Obi. Is there any setting for it ? Thanks

jimates

The google voice app doesn't work like the other apps. The google voice app is a dialer extension. You still use your cell minutes when dialing with the google voice app. It does not sign into your gmail account like the others.

Rick

Quote from: LuvU43v3r on July 23, 2012, 09:07:39 PM
I currently have GV on Android phone, the GV from Google not Talkatone or GrooveIP . Right now, when someone calls my GV number the handset hooked into the Obi will ring , but not my Android phone. Instead, I want it to act like in the FAQ says Talkatone, GrooveIP take priority over Obi. Is there any setting for it ? Thanks

You can get your Android phone to ring by setting it up in the Phones tab of Google Voice.  It will then get all calls that come in, as will the house phone.