News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call waiting and GV simulring

Started by Fasttimes, July 27, 2012, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fasttimes

Here is my setup

GV on SP1
CC on SP2  (for e911 and CNAM)

GV forwards calls to CC and my cell phone (google chat OFF)

When someone calls my GV#, my obi rings with CNAM and my cell phone rings as well.

However if I'm on a call on the OBI and someone calls my GV number I get the callwaiting tone on OBI but my cellphone doesn't ring.  Any suggestions on finding a solution to this?  Ideally I'd like to get both the call waiting notification while my cell phone rings.

QBZappy

Fasttimes,

In the inbound call route, try forking the call to your cell number.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

This was my original thought, but I don't think so now.

The only reason your cell wouldn't ring is if CC answers the call and forwards it to the Obi.

As QBZappy suggested, you can fork calls from the Obi to your cell phone.

You could also set the Obi to forward on busy to your cell phone. This will not interfere with your google forwarding because when CC answers the call, google will be dropped from the call process. Of course you will have to disable call waiting for the phone port in order to forward on busy.

Perhaps there is a setting in CC. Do you have it set for forwarding on busy or anything.