News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make GV calls 7/27/2012-SOLVED

Started by dohcacr, July 27, 2012, 09:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dohcacr

I'm not able to make GV calls since the Google Talk outage yesterday. My Obi110 status indicates that it is having difficulty connecting to GV. If I reboot my obi110, it does seem to connect to GV for a very short time (I was able to check my voicemail once). After a reboot, the Obi110 SP1 status shows it connected at first, but within 2 minutes the status changes to "   Connecting to 74.125.130.125", and the ObiTalk Service Status changes from "Normal (user mode)" to "Backing Off (over TCP)". If I try to make a call, I get the message "there is no service available to complete your call.".

This GV/Obi110 setup has been function for the better part of a year now. Seems like the same thing that was going on with Google Talk yesterday, but Google Apps dashboard doesn't show any Google Talk problems. My internet connection is functioning normally.

dohcacr

Strange solution. I noticed that when the sp1 service status changed from connected, it would eventually go to a "resolving DNS" status, so just on a hunch, I switched my dns servers to Google's DNS servers(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and now my GV works.