News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Blinking green power light

Started by joelthetrucker, July 28, 2012, 04:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelthetrucker

OK so I understand that this means that the OBI is looking for an IP address.  I also dialed ***1 and got "IP address is not available, DHCP is enabled...  OK so how do I fix this..  I have the obi202 (so I can eventually do this without a cable and btw my computer is not seeing the wifi dongle attached to the obi(not in right now))  I also have a switch wired into a wireless bridge to my router in the basement that is in turn hard wired into the cable companies modem.  any help please.  As i understand it the DHCP is supposed to give the obi a ip address right?

Thanks,

Joel (the trucker)

hwittenb

You can setup the wifi adapter (attached to your OBi220 usb port) by hard cabling your computer to the LAN port of the OBi202.  Cabled in this manner you can access the OBI220 web configuration page.  The instructions that come with the wifi adapter say:

"3.  Open a browser window to: obiconnect.com/wifi.  A web page will open with the instructions about how to set-up the OBiWifi adapter with your wireless network.  You will be asked to enter a username & password.  Default un/pw is: admin/admin."

I also found that, with my computer cabled to the LAN port of the OBi220, I could access the wifi adapter by accessing 192.168.10.1, and after a login you can ask the adapter to do a scan to see if it sees your wifi network and if so you can configure the wifi settings with your network address (SSID) and network password.  After an OBi220 reboot the Obi220 should connect to your wifi network.

The OBi220 can then obtain an ip address from your network using DHCP.

joelthetrucker

update:  I figured out why I was not getting an IP address...  Operator error  :'(  I had the cable in the Lan port trying to do just what hwittenb said to do for the wifi...  Didn't work at first ( I used a address that sent me to the admin config page, not the wifi set-up page) but its working now.  Thanks for the help but I was the problem it seems. ;D   

Joel (the trucker)