News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stopping an attended transfer

Started by tomc, July 31, 2012, 07:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomc

I just got my OBi110 last week and I'm having a lot of fun learning what it can do. I had a problem with attended transfers, though. I answered an inbound call and then pressed the Flash button. I dialed a number to initiate an outbound call. The phone rang a few times and I realized that the person I was calling was not going to answer. I didn't want to be dropped into their voicemail, but instead wanted to end the outbound call and return to the inbound call and continue that conversation. I wasn't sure how to do this, so I hung up the phone, hoping that it would bring me back to the inbound call. It didn't, unfortunately. For future reference, how should I do this? If I pressed the Flash button again, wouldn't it create a 3-way call? That's not what I want.

pc44

Hi tomc,

Have you tried pressing the * or # key to leave the AA, prior to hook-flashing?  The OBi should then tell you, "Thank you for choosing Obihai Technology. Goodbye."

pc44

tomc

I tried pressing the * and # keys (in separate tests) while the phone was dialing the outbound call, but nothing happened. The phone kept ringing and the OBi did not talk to me. Am I doing it right?

pc44

Hi tomc,

My mistake.  I confused the attended transfer with the Auto Attendant.  My instructions will not apply to your case.  I am unsure as to how we can achieve this.  Let's hope someone else here will have some thoughts on this.

My mistake,
pc44

pc44

tomc,

Just saw your post in the Feature Request sub-forum.  It's a nasty workaround, but the second call can be disconnected via the OBi Web Page.  After you have hook-flashed, placed the 2nd Call, and decided to disconnect the call, you simply click on "Remove" for Call 2 in the Status -> Call Status page in your OBi.  If you are always at your computer, you could simply bookmark this page for easy/fast access.

Not the solution you wanted, I know, but it does seem to work.
pc44

tomc

Thanks pc44,

I'll check into that. In the meantime, I may have found a solution to my problem. I have Anveo on SP1 and Google Voice on SP2. After answering an inbound call on SP1 and initiating an outbound phone call on SP2 to my iPhone, I waited for it to ring and then hook-flashed, which put me in a 3-way call. Thankfully, the inbound call did not hear the ringing of the outbound call. When I hook-flashed a second time, the outbound call was dropped! I have only tested this with the above configuration, but it shows promise!

tomc

I just noticed that on Page 12 of the OBi Device Administration Guide, in the PHONE Port Set-Up and Configuration section, it mentions that you can remove the second conferenced party by invoking a third Hook Flash.

pc44

Quote from: tomc on July 31, 2012, 10:53:18 AM... mentions that you can remove the second conferenced party by invoking a third Hook Flash.

This sounds promising.  Please let us know if you are successful with the third hook flash method! :)

pc44