News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls ring on the wrong OBI.

Started by ddajgh, August 12, 2012, 11:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddajgh

I have 2 Obis which are set up in my OBItalk.com account.

Obi A, with GV account A.
Obi B, with GV account B. (which I just added)

The problem is that when someone calls the GV account B number, Obi A rings.
How can I change it so that when someone calls GV account B, Obi B rings?

Maybe the only solution is to remove Obi B from the Obi account, and get a new Obi account, just for Obi B.

Thank you!!!!!

jimates

The call must be coming direct from GV B to Obi A. Did you have GV B set up on Obi A at any time?

ddajgh

I did not have GV B set up on Obi A at any time.

At first I had it like this:
One obitalk.com account, with 1 Obi device.  Obi A with GV A.  It worked perfectly.

Then I got another Obi device, which I added to the same Obi talk account.  My setup was like this:
One obitalk.com account, with 2 Obi devices.  Obi A with GV A.  (And the new device) Obi B with GB B.
The problem was that calls to GV B would ring only on Obi A.

So, I removed Obi B from the Obitalk.com account.  And made another Obitalk.com account for Obi B.  The set up is now like this:
Obitalk.com account A (the original account) with Obi A with GV A.
Obitalk.com account B (the new account) with Obi B with GV B.

The problem now is that calls to GV B ring on both Obi A and Obi B.
(Calls to GV A ring only on Obi A, which is what I want).

Thanks!

QBZappy

ddajgh,

If you have not set up any call forking to make the 2nd OBi ring, then that should not be happening. I have recently seen the OBiTALK service handling calls in a way which is not directly under your control.

Just a shot in the dark, can you turn off the OBiTALK service on your unit and see if both units still ring? Since you are certain that you have not configured both units to ring, then it might be interesting to investigate if it is the OBiTALK service which is handling this behavior. It is not immediately obvious to most users that there are some unit configurations not under our control.

Voice Services->OBiTALK Service->Enable (remove check mark)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

check the call history on both Obi's. Since the calls are still ringing Obi A I suspect the call is going from GV to both Obi's.

I doubt the call history is going to show any forking of calls, meaning the Obi is not the one sending the call to Obi A.

Did you recently change anything with google; move google voice numbers to different accounts, etc. Do you have 2 google talks listed in GV A account?

ddajgh

Quote from: QBZappy on August 13, 2012, 09:10:22 AM

Thanks OBZappy.

Can you tell me where to find that?

I see:

Device Configuration
OBI Dashboard
- Add Device
- Speed Dials
- Trusted Callers
Circle of Trust
- Requests & Invitations
Edit Profile
Download OBiON
.... etc

ddajgh

Quote from: jimates on August 13, 2012, 11:29:05 AM
check the call history on both Obi's. Since the calls are still ringing Obi A I suspect the call is going from GV to both Obi's.
I will look at the call histories.
My first thought was the same as yours, that the calls are going from GV to both Obis.

Quote from: jimates on August 13, 2012, 11:29:05 AM
Did you recently change anything with google; move google voice numbers to different accounts, etc. Do you have 2 google talks listed in GV A account?
No.  I have not changed anything with Google.
Each OBI only has one GV account set up.  SP2 on both of them is "Not Configured" and has never been configured.

Thanks for your help!!

QBZappy

Quote from: ddajgh on August 16, 2012, 03:41:18 PM
Quote from: QBZappy on August 13, 2012, 09:10:22 AM
Can you tell me where to find that?

You can only disable it on the unit.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.