News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiBT CallerID Missing Digits

Started by CaptainSteubing, August 15, 2012, 08:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainSteubing

Hi,

Just installed my OBiBT and liking it so far. It's replacing a Gigaset BT adaptor which is linked into my Asterisk PBX. Much nicer via SIP than having to go through an analog DAHDI trunk.

I have an issue with the CallerID that's being shown. The phone is sending through 12 digits "+1XXXYYYZZZZ" however the OBi is cutting it off at 11 digits "+1XXXYYYZZZ". This is throwing off my routing, is there a way to have the OBi collect and send the full set of CallerID digits coming through?

10:08:32   From BT1(+1345XXXYYY)   To SP1
10:08:33      Ringing
10:08:42   Call Ended   

Thanks,
Arthur

Azouz

Arthur,
I have an unrelated question to you.
I just got mu OBIBT but it doesn't bridge the call when I call from a remote location using the AA (auto attendant), Did you try calling from yours?

CaptainSteubing

Hi Azouz,

Unfortunately, I've not actually tried it with the Auto Attendant, since I have all calls routing in and out of an Asterisk PBX.

CoalMinerRetired

I'm pretty sure the raw data stream that contains the caller ID will not have the "+" sign in it, ... provided you are receiving the call on a US or Canada line/number, and the call is coming from the US or Canada (based on Bell landline/CO standards).  Maybe you have some setting related to this?  Calls from international locations can vary a lot as to having a + sign, and the formatting, even receiving calls from the same international number can vary. For example you might see 011+44+00115-00254 or 44+00115-00254 or 1+44 00115 00254.

I also remember the maximum number of characters is 18, per some standard from long ago.  Not sure this helps.

Azouz

There is a beta firmware to address this issue. Just send an email to OBI support, give them your obi device number and they will remote upgrade it for you.

Azouz

This issue has been fixed with the latest firmware