News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Making one stage calls from regular Phones via GV, SIP, PSTN, from outside US

Started by Pepe, August 15, 2012, 08:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepe

I have an OBi110 located in Peru South America. I have it setup with Google Voice on SP1, Callcentric on SP2 and PSTN connected to the public service. Everyting is working fine. Thanks to RonR, I can make calls (through AA) from US to any PSTN phone number in Peru (I would like to keep this useful option).

At home we have 4 regular phones connected to the public service. What I would like to do is to hook my OBi110 Phone Port to the house wire and keep the PSTN Line connected to the Line Port, then make the necessary changes in the OBi setup so any one at home can answer any PSTN, GV, or SIP incoming call, and also be able to make from any of the home phones, one stage dialing calls to US via GV and also local calls via PSTN, dialing only the phone numbers without the star codes to select the voice service.

Phone Numbers in Peru are (only PSTN Service):

Land Lines
Country Code is 51
Area Code   XX
Digits      XXXXXXX

Mobiles
Country Code   51
Mobile Digits   9XXXX.

Could this be possible?

Thanks
Pepe

hwittenb

You can do what you outlined.  You must disconnect the four phones from the public service before you attach them to the Phone Port on the OBi.  In other words the public service is only attached to the Line Port on the OBi. The house wiring is only attached to the Phone Port on the OBi.  

The maximum number of phones that the Phone Port has the power to ring is determined by the REN specification.  The specification for the maximum REN on the OBi is 5.  Each phone you use has a REN number it requires.  You add them up to get the total.