News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help: Auto Attendant Requirements

Started by ong83, August 15, 2012, 07:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ong83

hi,

I thought that we can use only the PSTN line for auto attendant to dial out using the #2 extension and the speed dial numbers. Do we need an extra line to accomplish this task?

ex: I call my aa from an outside line, I push #2 + speed-dial. Msg: no services available to complete the call.

QBZappy

ong83,

Calls made via the AA need a route to make the outgoing call.

You can set it up a number of different ways. Every approach ends up either using a properly configured trunk or you get the "no service available" message from the OBiMAN voice. Here a a few metods:

1) Set up the speed dial in a way where you hardcode the service (trunk) you want to force the call through.
**x5145551212 (**x could be 1=sp1, 2=sp2, 8=PSTN, 9=OBi)

2) Set up the AA to automatically chose a preselected trunk
Voice Services->Auto Attendant->Auto Attendant->PrimaryLine =(whatever)

Of course choose a trunk which is enabled and registered/connected with the voip service (or PSTN service) you entend to use to make the call with.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ong83

thanks, for the helpful explanation.

But I am still getting a no service message. I currently only setup pstn line. Maybe you can take a look at my configuration.

Setup Wizard >
Outbound Settings
Phone PrimaryLine: PSTN
Attendant PrimaryLine: PSTN
InBound Settings
POTS-line InboundCallRoute aa

Auto Attendant 1
PrimaryLine PSTN

Speed Dial #1:
**84155551212 (**8, local number)

I call number obi AA pickup. I push 21# and get no service. I am thinking when the pstn is called it cant transfer/forward to another number because AA is still active.

I basically want to do what you did: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.msg11140#msg11140

QBZappy

Quote from: ong83 on August 15, 2012, 09:29:50 PM
I currently only setup pstn line.

Do you see a problem here? It looks like you only have one trunk available to make calls. How do you expect to make a second call on the same trunk (line) if it is currently in use handling your first call? Did I understand your set up correctly?

Ahhh so many questions.  :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ong83

thanks,  ;D rofl  :o :o :o

I totally understand. I was just making sure if obi can like drop/pause the call and forward to another phone just using pstn.

I am going to add GV and post back the result and help for others.

cheers

ong83

Can someone verify my speed dials are correct format.

I really thought when I push #, it will cease the current call and dial out.

Sorry for asking. But is there a way to just use a single pstn, single GV for both incoming and outgoing calls?