News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 & Obi110 Gateway

Started by Sattvic, August 16, 2012, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sattvic

Hello Friends,

I have been using Obi110 from the very beginning and recently I bought a 202 also.
I am not very knowledgeable on how the Voip gateways/ dial plans work. I want to use the Obi110 as a gateway to achieve the below. I read many posts, understood little, confused myself a lot   :( Please help me in achieving this.

I have a obi202 here in US. Another Obi110 back in India – connected to a PSTN also. Both devices are linked to my account.

1.   All the incoming calls to the PSTN in India should be routed to my Google voice in US through Obi202 also ring my phone in home. The reason I do this my family & friends in India can call the local number and reach me in US without incurring international charges.
2.   When I start dialing 011** the calls should be routed to Obi110 in India and routed through the PSTN. This way I can call family and friends in India like a local.

Terminating a SIP call to PSTN or vice versa is not legalized in India so I decided to do this way. Please let me know if this is possible and I really appreciate your help.

jimates

1 -
Obi110
Physical Interfaces -> Line -> InboundCallRoute = {ph,pp(500xxxxxx)}
(replace 500xxxxxx with your Obi202 number)
This will ring the phone port of the 110, and the Obi202 when a call comes in on the Obi110 line port. If you do not want to ring the phone port of the Obi110 then leave out the reference to it and only put in {pp(500xxxxxx)}

Obi202
Voice Service -> Obitalk Service -> InboundCallRoute = {ph}
This will direct the calls coming in from India to the phone port of the Obi202.

Sattvic

Thank you jimates. I will try this. Is there some place dial plans explained? This would help me learn more about dial plans, tweak them and come up with some innovative way of using these two devices. Please point me towards some advanced guides. Thank you.

Sattvic

Quote from: Sattvic on August 20, 2012, 07:29:30 PM
Please point me towards some advanced guides. Thank you.

Don't bother - i just found right upfront in  Installation and Set-Up. Thank you.