News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Pass Inbound CID to SIP Server Obi110

Started by RossIV, August 17, 2012, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossIV

Hello all!
I have connected my Obi110 to the PBX at my work so that I can call extensions at work from my home PBX server. I have also set it up so that calls to the Obi's extension route to my home phones. All of that works great. The one annoyance, though, is that I don't get Caller ID passed to the PBX that the Obi is connected to over a SIP trunk. I just get the DID that I entered in the Obi. I know that the work PBX is passing Caller ID, so what do I need to do on the Obi to get CID to pass? If it matters, the PBX I am using is Asterisk 1.8 and I am configuring the Obi on the device itself, not through the web portal.
THANKS!
Ross

pc44

Hi Ross,

Other heavyweights will hopefully be along to help you shortly.  In the meantime, the only thing I can think of is setting the following:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Enabled

Use ITSP Profile A or B, depending on your setup.  Apart from this, I don't know much else to suggest.

Hope you eventually reach success,
pc44

QBZappy

RossIV,

Can you set up the 2 pbx as peers. pbx->pbx might pass CID.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RossIV

@QBZappy I'm not sure I understand... The PBX that I have connected to the Obi is not IP capable, thus the Obi. And from the Obi, there is only one destination - the Asterisk pbx that serves my home phones and the Obi.

@pc44 I actually have X_SpoofCallerID enabled per the tutorial I followed. Thanks, though!

Any other ideas or suggestions?

QBZappy

Quote from: RossIV on August 17, 2012, 11:45:55 PM
The PBX that I have connected to the Obi is not IP capable, thus the Obi. And from the Obi, there is only one destination - the Asterisk pbx that serves my home phones and the Obi.

I'm not sure what you mean by your statement that the the pbx "is not ip capable".

In any event an OBi to OBi call can pass CID. It might be simpler to have an OBi at home and set it up to receive forked calls from your office OBi.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.