News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Obi100 and GV voicemail problem.

Started by robrff, August 20, 2012, 08:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robrff

I have what I think is an odd problem. I just got a new Obi100 and linked it up with my Google Voice number I have had for a while.

I have used this Google Voice account and number as my Voicemail box on my US Cellular number. I set it up so it uses Google Voice as my voicemail instead of US Cellular's voicemail.

However, here is my problem. Whenever someone calls my US Cellular number and I ignore the call or don't pick up, it then rings my Obi phone before sending it to voicemail.

I was wondering if there is any way to change this. In my Google Voice settings for that phone I have Forwarding Options set to send directly to voicemail.

GregoryZ

Robrff,

Goto Google Voice > Phones >

Select: Edit under the phone that is your Cell Number

Then click the link: Show Advanced Settings.  Scroll down to Forwarding Options.  Is it set to ring other phones before going to voice mail?

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

robrff

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I checked those settings, and it is set to "Go straight to Voicemail"

I have tried changing that to Ring other phones, then save that setting, then go back in and change it back to Go Straight to Voicemail and save that, but no luck on that either.

Anything else you think I might be missing?? Thanks!

GregoryZ

If you don't want any of your phones to ring when your Cell calls don't get answered.  Then go back to your settings on GV, and take a look also at the "Groups and Circles".  Make sure that none of the Groups or Circles forwarding phones are checked.  That might work, and still allow you to use GV for Outbound calls.  However, you won't get any inbound calls through GV to your OBi.

I don't know why the for "Forward to...Before....?" isn't working.  That is a problem you will have to work out with Google. 

The Bright Side is.... Your OBi is working like it should!!!  :)

-G

OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202