News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

6 key registers intermittently

Started by tfox, August 21, 2012, 01:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfox

Hi all,

I received my 110 last week and got it set up, phone port of obi hooked to the otherwise dead line of the house.

Upstairs I have a Western Electric 2500MM of unknown vintage. I had to reverse polarity in order to get it to dial out. However, I'm still facing an issue where the '6' key only registers intermittently. When I press it, the dial tone is usually suppressed but not interrupted. After a few presses, it seems to register. Not sure if it's relevant, but I can also hear a noise like a spring tensing in the receiver when I press a key.

I'm thinking this is probably an issue with the set itself and not the obi, but I'm hoping there's a phone geek out there who can point me in the right direction. Any ideas?

MurrayB

First and easiest thing is to try another phone.

tfox

Would be the easiest if I had another phone to try  ;)

Anyway, it seems my problem is likely related either to dirty contacts on my dial pad, or tuning issues.

I found what looks like a good thread over at http://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/476249/2554BMP_dialing_problem with a general description of what to check.

I'll go through it soon and see if I can get this bad boy working like new.