News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail indicator

Started by ja_ys, August 21, 2012, 02:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ja_ys

Hi, The voicemail indicator will not go  :(off unless I reset my phone voicemail reset option and then unplugg the power and recycle my OBi100 .
Does anyone know a better way of turning off the VM indicator light after you have listened to your new message ?  ::) :) :)

pc44

Hi ja_ys,

Make sure you have emptied your Google Voice Inbox and have no unread missed calls that could be triggering the indicator.

Then, press ***6 on the telephone that is connected to your OBi.  This will check for firmware updates; if there are any available, follow the instructions (press 1) to download and install the latest update.

Hope it helps,
pc44

ja_ys

:) I found this in FAQ

GV Voicemail Notification & Missed Calls
When you enable Google Voice voicemail notification on your OBi, you should be sure to not check the "Place missed calls in the inbox" box. Otherwise, whenever there is a missed call, the phone attached to the OBi will signal (visual and stutter dial tone) an unheard voicemail. The Missed Calls setting can be found in the Google Voice Settings: Calls tab.  8)

:
Why does my phone continue to indicate I have a new Google Voice voicemail when I do not?
When you enable Google Voice voicemail notification on your OBi, you should be sure to not check the 'Place missed calls in the inbox' box. Otherwise, whenever there is a missed call, the phone attached to the OBi will signal (visual and stutter dial tone) an unheard voicemail. The Missed Calls setting can be found in the Google Voice Settings: Calls tab. )

I will try it later and let you know the outcome ...

ja_ys

Yes !! ;D the info in FAQ solved this problem . ;D

HeyItsMark

Quote from: ja_ys on August 21, 2012, 05:21:47 PM
:) I found this in FAQ

GV Voicemail Notification & Missed Calls
When you enable Google Voice voicemail notification on your OBi, you should be sure to not check the "Place missed calls in the inbox" box. Otherwise, whenever there is a missed call, the phone attached to the OBi will signal (visual and stutter dial tone) an unheard voicemail. The Missed Calls setting can be found in the Google Voice Settings: Calls tab.  8) .....

YO! This post rocks. I realize your "solution" is simply pointing out what is already contained in the FAQ's- but when I googled a solution for my problem of "Google Voice not resetting vm indicator"- it was YOUR post that google search returned- and YOUR post which answered my specific . . . and in less time than it took to send you KUDO'S for this post!  Thanks!!

Bobinssi

If you made the mistake of checking the box about placing misses calls in the inbox and you want to reverse that action, how do you do it?  I've unchecked the box and I've reset my phone and I've reset Obi but I still can't seem to get rid of the VM light or stutter tone.  HELP!

dvbhardware

My indicator flashes when I have a text message whihout any7 new voicemails.

lhm.

Make sure you have emptied your Google Voice Inbox and have no unread missed calls or voice mails that could be triggering the indicator.

dvbhardware

Mine is doing the same ( flashing ) but I am going to chalk it up to a Google problem  / change. I has been working flawlessly for months and I will probably just correct itself sometime. It has happened before.

Remember if you get a text it will flash the indicator,, at least on mine.

Rick

MikeHObi

Note... I have a wireless phone system with two handsets.  One day I noticed a message waiting light blinking on one handset but not the other.  There were no messages from GV, nor no indication.  So I thought, maybe my wife recently checked voice mail and the phone hadn't yet cleared itself.

Two days later, still blinking.  To fix it, I pulled the battery out of the phone, and power cycled that hand set.  Put the battery back in, and it stopped blinking and now has been working normally.

Point is, your phone could have an issue as well if the light is stuck on.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.