News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Distinctive Rings with multiple DID on the same sp?

Started by VOIPisGreat, September 02, 2012, 09:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOIPisGreat

I have callcentric setup on sp2 with multiple DID set up on the same account. Is there a way to configure so the ring be different with calls coming into each respective DID? Right now when the phone ring I have no way to tell which number the caller is calling to. Thank you

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

VOIPisGreat

Sorry I am still confused. How do I make obi recognizes which DID is ringing within the same sp? I have 4 DIDs on sp2.

jimates

I don't think you can change the ring pattern for each DID, only for each trunk.

QBZappy

I think jim might be correct. In that case you might investigate if CC can unconditionally call forward calls by DID. If so you should be able to send it to another sp (other than the CC slot) on the OBi to configure a different ring pattern. If you had an OBi202, all 4 DIDs could be set up with different ring patterns. Any other model will only allow to identify one DID call.

You're in luck. I think it is also possible to receive the original CID since CC allows for this.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.