News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I want to use 2 OBi 100 devices on same router/location

Started by irstaxhelp, August 25, 2012, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irstaxhelp

After hooking up both call out both only one rings using Google Voice.  How do I fix or can't I do this?  I want to use the same number for both

John

jimates

Are you trying to set up both devices with the same google voice number?

jimates

you can't have 2 Obi's use the same google voice account, only one will work.

It could be said that "If they both call out and the outgoing caller id is for the same google voice account then the hard part is done". But with the same account on both devices, which ever one registers with google last is the one that will receive the calls. So if one ever reboots, for what ever reason, it will likely take over.

You should set up one as the main Obi and fork calls to the other. And have the second one dial through the first one using single stage dialing.

Set Obi A to fork calls to Obi B.
On Obi A (the one that currently receives calls)
set your inbound call route for sp1 to {ph,pp(ob200xxxxxx)} where 200xxxxxx is the Obi number for Obi B.
This will ring the phone on Obi A and also fork the call to Obi B.

after the above changes, if both devices currently make calls, then both will also receive calls.

As for setting up single stage dialing on the second device, that will require more in depth settings. i will get the info and come back.

You can make these changes from Obitalk.
From the dashboard, click on the device you want to edit
enter the Obi expert configuration
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,pp(ob200xxxxxx)}

jimates

RonR put together a single stage dialing configuration for this purpose. Read this post and follow the link at the end of it.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3094.msg20656#msg20656

With both Obi's in the same Obitalk account they are automatically put in each others circle of trust. I think you will manually have to edit to remove them or the auto attendant will pick up.

Check the Obitalk Inbound Call Route on each device to make sure the AA is not referenced.

Voice Service -> Obitalk Service -> InboundCallRoute = ?

Ostracus

One can also get around the problem by putting them on separate accounts.

jimates

Quote from: Ostracus on August 26, 2012, 06:17:51 PM
One can also get around the problem by putting them on separate accounts.
Putting them on separate accounts will not let you configure them on the same google voice account. The only thing it will do is not automatically configure them in a circle of trust.

Ostracus

The latter is what I'm referring to. The former is outside the scope of Obi anyway.

irstaxhelp

I have tried configuring this to no avail.    Yes I am a rookie.  Can I post with I put on my inbound acct?

jimates

let me make sure what you want. You want both obi's to act exactly the same. All incoming calls ring both phones and all outgoing calls use the same google voice account.

jimates

This may be as simple as it gets. Obihai has a phone extension setup wizard.
http://www.obihai.com/pbxExtension.html