News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help in troubleshooting outboundcallroute and digitmap

Started by mish, August 27, 2012, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mish

I just read the callroute and digitmap portion of the admin guide. Hardly an expert, but trying to see why 011xx. i.e. numbers that begin with 011 are not going through to SP4 registered SIP service provider.

My understanding is as follows:
PH2 digitmap has to allow a number dialed using PH2 (phone attached to Phone port 2 of Obi202). Mine is as follows.
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**8(Mbt)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli)|(011xx.))

PH2 outboundcallroute then decides where to send the call. Mine is as follows.
{(011xx.):sp4},{911:sp3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
sp4 digitmap then has to allow the call to go through. My ITSP Profile D General digitmap is as follows.
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

But when I make a call to a number that begins with 011xxxxxxxxxxxx I get an error message - The number you dialled (the number is then read) was rejected by the service provider - reason is 404.

I suspect that the number is being rejected by Obi202 itself.

Can anybody decipher the above digitmaps and tell me where the call is failing?

By the way, PH2 primary line is also SP4. And 011xx. should be sent to sp4 based on the outbound call route that I have pasted.

Thank you!

mish

I changed the settings to this and still the same error.

Modified Ph2 Oubtbound
{911:sp3},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(xx.):sp4}
Phone2 digitmap
(xx.)
ITSP 4 Digitmap
(xx.)

Should not 011xxxxxxxxxxxx go to sp4 and be passed on to the SIP provider?

jimates

your call history will tell you exactly what the obi did and where it sent the number.

if the number is rejected by the service provider it is usually delivered in the wrong format. The call history will show you exactly what number the obi sent out.

mish

Where can I look at Obi202's call history? I guess if I am trying to program I need a debug engine. :)

Btw, 00xxxxxxxxxxxx goes through to sp4.

---

Edit:I found the call history! Now, at least I can debug and hopefully meet my basic routing needs. Will reach out for help - which I fear I might still need.

Thank you.

jimates

I found a post by RonR. I edited it to reflect sp4. Perhaps you can see how the rule relates.

Assuming Google Voice on SP1 and VoIPxxxx on SP4:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**4>011xx.)

where aaa is your local area code.
7/10/11 digits  ->  SP1
           011+  ->  SP4

When you dial any number starting with 011, this number will first be processed using the PHONE Port DigitMap (which references Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap via Mpli).  **4 will be prepended to the dialed 011 number.  The resulting number will then be processed though the PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute, which will remove the **4 before sending the remainder out SP4.

your primary line itsp digit map should have this rule in it
|<**4>011xx.)
when you dial 011xx. from the phone port the obi will prepend **4 to the number and process it, then the outbound call route will strip the **4 and route the call to sp4..

My itsp general digit maps are
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1814>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)
I have 7 digit dialing so my area code is in there. To route the 011 calls to another sp I would edit it to
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1814>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**4>011xx.)

jimates

i don't think you need to change the PH2 outbound call route with the {(011xx.):sp4},
with the number coming in with **4 prepended the call route will send it to sp4. It will also process it through the itsp 4 digit map using the referenced MPxx
Just tell the phone port what to do with 011.xx numbers and the rest will fall into place.

RonR always said not to change the call routes at all, make the changes in the digit maps and it will all take place.

here is the thread I referenced
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3215.msg21344#msg21344

mish

@jimates, thanks for the help and linking to the other post. I had read it. Now I understand it somewhat better. But I am still not there, and my setup is complicated and I feel the unexplained need to conquer this  ::)

So let me ask you something, would it not be better, if I defined what should happen to call types based on the phone source.

Here are some of the routings I want to achieve. What do you think is the best architecture?
Ph1 - US calls to SP1. 1xx and 1xxx calls to SP3. 911 to SP3. 011xx. to SP4.
Ph 2 - US calls to SP4. 1xx and 1xxx calls to SP3. 911 to SP3. 011xx. to SP4.

For now that is all I want.

I think I have two choices. I can play with the digitplan and add **3 or **4 to numbers called, and then have the default outboundCallRoute take care of the routing.
And I can change the digitmaps of the SPx to either be blank - i.e. no rule, or be such that it checks that the right numbers are going through.

By the way, is there a debug mode where it can be seen how Digitmaps and Callroutes are being traversed?

Thanks!

mish

The reason I wrote my last post is this:

I wanted to configure both phones to send 1xx and 1xxx numbers to SP3.
Ph1 has SP2 as primary line (sorry for the confusion - that is how I ended up setting it up the first time.).
Ph 2 has SP4 as the primary line.

I want 011 numbers dialed with Ph1 and Ph2 to go to SP4. So we went ahead and changed the digitmap of SP4 to prepend 011 numbers with **4. And that worked. Ph2 goes to SP4 because SP4 is Ph2's primary line.
For Ph1 1xx and 1xxx routing, similar to the above prepending of **4, I added **3 prepend to SP2's digit map.

Now I am stuck as to how I should prepend **3 for Ph2's dialing of 1xx and 1xxx. I tried adding the prepend code to SP4's digitmap. SP4 is the primary line for Ph2. But that does not work. Ends in error 484.

This was complex. Hats off to you guys for being able to understand this and much more complex digitmaps!