News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIT TONE 1 – 4 as Second Dial Tone

Started by CoalMinerRetired, August 27, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoalMinerRetired

Earlier this evening I was experimenting with configuring a second dial tone, per Invoke Second Dial Tone in Digit Map, p 187 of the DeviceAdmin guide. 

Something happened that I can not figure out and cannot get to work correctly again.

I have an Obi202. I at first tried this with one line on one Phone Port, adding the t=di as in: (...**1{t=di}(Msp)...) Submitted, rebooted, and tested, it worked as expected.

I expanded that to  **2{t=di2}(Msp2), **3{t=di}(Msp3) and **4{t=ro}(Msp4).   My SP4 is empty and disabled, so I wanted a relevant dial tone.  Rebooted, tested and it worked as expected.

I then expanded this to **9{t=di}(Mpp) to include the OBITalk Network. Again rebooted and again worked as expected.

At this point I'm only working (experimenting) with the DigitMap for Phone Line 1, leaving PhoneLine2 at default DigitMap setting.

I then read that si1 – si4 work as SIT TONE 1 – 4 in this situation. So I configure **1{t=si1},  **2{t=si2} etc.  through **4{t=si4}.  Reboot and test and surprisingly the second dial tones each sound slightly different (and after some seconds, the tone changes to a different pattern), and the fourth one is a fast busy/warning type thing, correctly picking up that SP4 is disabled and not configured. 

At this point I think that's pretty slick, the SIT TONE second dial tones are somehow linked to the SIP services and give a slightly different and relevant tone when invoked.  So I proceed to do the same thing for the 2nd Phone Line, to add in the four {t=spn} strings.

Upon reboot I discover it all fails, and neither Line 1 or Line 2 works as expected. On both lines and with all four **1, **2, **3 and **4, all I get is a Fast Busy, which is distinctively different than  SIT TONE 1 – 4 I was getting above.  And, if I dial a valid number when hearing these tones, the tone drops off, but then comes back a few seconds later into the ringing call as a variation on fast busy or Warble.   

And, no matter what I do I cannot get back to the 'pretty slick' way the SIT TONEs 1 -4 worked above. I've tried returning to the defaults, and re-editing one SIP at a time, all with no luck.  Short of doing a factory reset, I've tried everything to get the SIP TONEs to work as they did in the 'pretty slick' mode, but cannot get back to that.

Anyone with insights here, ... is this a bizarre bug in the software?

jimates

this is my current digit map

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**3{t=di2}(Msp3)|**4{t=di2}(Msp4)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

I changed to the si1 - si4. I get a sit tone twice, then it changes to a fast busy. Same for each line.

CoalMinerRetired

Are your observations on an Obi202, or different model?

jimates

Obi202 (note the 4 sp services of the digit map)

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: jimates on August 29, 2012, 09:20:34 AM
Obi202 (note the 4 sp services of the digit map)
Didn't relate that to only Obi202. But noted for future reference.