News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to provide a PIN on AA only for incoming calls on line port of obi110..

Started by rsriram22, August 28, 2012, 11:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsriram22

Don't know if this is possible at all..

I want to provide a PIN on AA when user presses 2 on incoming calls for LINE port on obi110..

The idea behind this is that any call to the POTS phone on LINE port will be forwarded to my US obi via pp1(200xxxxxxx) and if the user clicks 2, then a PIN will be asked so that only my folks can use sp1 (GV) to make calls to any # in US. Is this possible at all.

Thanks
have two 100s and one 110

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

rsriram22

thanks -

so this PIN will be asked only for the incoming calls on LINE port and not other obi-to-obi calls (in COT?)

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

rsriram22

I do not want PIN for COT calls, but  a PIN only for inbound calls on LINE port (have set the inbound call route to {aa})

Lastly, if a PIN is set, how to set a PIN for speed dial with single stage calling for in-COT dialing (per RonR's famous wiki post)

jimates

You can set which line sends calls to the AA, but I don't think you have the option to use a PIN for certain lines. You either enable the PIN usage or not.

If you don't direct calls for the Obitalk Service to the AA you won't get a PIN request. Numbers in the user defined digit map referenced for single stage dialing will not get sent to the AA.

rsriram22

Quote from: jimates on August 29, 2012, 09:32:46 AM
You can set which line sends calls to the AA, but I don't think you have the option to use a PIN for certain lines. You either enable the PIN usage or not.

that helps - thanks!!