News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV / Voicemail setup help

Started by vmcmahon, September 02, 2012, 08:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmcmahon

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend. I currently have an OBI 202 device. Thanks to you all on this board I have the following setup.......

- a GV number set to fwd to callcentric DID with 3 channels.
- a 2 line phone and we get our second calls rolling over to our second line when on primary line. 
- I use GV for free outgoing
- VM goes to GV

The one problem I am having is with voice-mail. I have an office manager answering the phone mostly and unless she keeps an eye on email - she does not see voice-mail.

My question  - is there anyway with my current setup to lamp/indicate on the phone when there is a VM and be able to pickup the VM via the phone.

Alternatively , I was thinking If I were to eliminate Callcentric, and use GV on it own.  However, I would need the primary GV line to rollover to line 2 if we are on Line 1 (I was thinking I can use a second GV account /number for this?) . I am unsure how to setup GV to ring the second line on the phone when we are on the first line.

I am also open to any other options to make this work.

Much appreciated folks. Thanks...

QBZappy

Enabling these should make both audio stutter and message light work.

Voice Services
    SPx Service
Calling Features
MWIEnable      
X_VMWIEnable
MessageWaiting
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

vmcmahon

Thanks QBZappy -

I I just enabled these - however, I do not see the messagewaiting option.?

Should it also be under voice services, SP1 ( where my call centric is setup)

QBZappy

vmcmahon,

You are correct, the portal lacks that setting. It seem to be another difference between the portal and the web unit interface. However it might simply mean that they implemented another way of doing the same thing. Via portal, if you go to:
Service Providers
 ITSP Profile A General
 ITSP Profile A RTP
 ITSP Profile A SIP
 ITSP Profile B General
 ITSP Profile B RTP
 ITSP Profile B SIP
   X_MWISubscribe   <- here
   X_MWISubscribeURI <- here

It looks like we can set this up here. You may be the first documented person to use this setting. It may be an implementation of some RFC standard. They don't make it easy to know.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

there are also message waiting setting for each phone port. Not sure if all the settings in every place need attention or not.

vmcmahon

Thanks for yoru help guys. Unfortunately I was unable to get it working. I am heading out of town for a couple of weeks and will pick it up again when I get back. I just wanted to acknowledge your help. I give it another try when i am back

CoalMinerRetired

That MessageWaiting field is a state, not a setting you need to change. 

From admin guide documentation:
This is a state rather than a configuration parameter, that indicates if there are any new messages for this subscriber on the service provider's voicemail system