News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Scheduling SP1/SP2 service

Started by bla8291, September 03, 2012, 11:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla8291

It has come to my attention that only one device/client at a time can be logged into Gmail for phone calls. I currently have three scenarios where I can receive Google Voice phone calls: through Gmail itself, via PBXes/my Android phone (SIP), and on my Obi. Since my Obi is always on, this means that it has a constant presence in my Gmail account and therefore intercepts all calls that are forwared to Google Chat. Normally I'd be okay with that. However, during the day I am in a place that has poor/no reception but excellent WiFi. In this case I prefer to use my phone in airplaine mode and receive calls over WiFi. This has only worked once, because that day the Obi took itself offline because of a pending update that I needed to approve. I noticed that in PBXes I can have multiple "inboute routes" and have a schedule for each of them if I wanted to, meaning that I could set specific hours for calls to go to destination 1, and other hours for destination 2.

What I want to know is if there is a way to do this for the Obi. More specifically, I want to be able to turn off my SP1 service (which is my line) during the hours of the day when I'm not home, so that I can receive those calls on my cell phone over the internet. Is there a setting in the expert config pages that allows me to do this?

jimates

This may have changed, or will likely change soon.

Talkatone for iPhone was updated on Sept. 1

What's New in Version 1.5
• Receiving incoming calls simultaneously on all devices running Talkatone (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and others) logged in using the same account

This means that somehow Google Chat is now supporting multiple log ins. I hope this is a default situation and not something that the Obi has to be set up to do.

So perhaps we can now run Talkatone on our iPhone, or GrooveIP on Android, without kicking the Obi out

mbaltozer

Talkatone handles it's own call forking, and only to talkatone devices. It is still basically one connection to GV.

giqcass

Which OBi do you have?  There is a setting on the OBi202 that may work. 
X_GTalkSimultaneousRing
Long live our new ObiLords!