News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi confirguration - website configuration vs local changes

Started by JoeSchmoe007, September 03, 2012, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeSchmoe007

Say I initially setup OBi via website and then go to OBi web interface directly and make some additional configuration changes. What happens now?

Do local changes auto-magically propagate to configuration saved at website?

Do local changes get overwritten by configuration saved in website? If yes - when?

N7AS

You must decide which method you want to use. You can't use both. To use the direct device method you  will have to log in to the device from your web browser with it's IP address. You can find the IP by dialing ***1.

Go to
System Management > Auto Provisioning > Auto Firmware Update > Method > Disabled
System Management > Auto Provisioning > ITSP Provisioning > Method >  Disabled
System Management > Auto Provisioning > ObiTalk Provisioning > Method > Disabled

Click Submit and Reboot the device.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

QBZappy

For what it's worth, it looks like ShermanOBi is enforcing zero tolerance on any comments made about the portal which may be considered in a negative light. He has since removed all the comments that were made in that thread. There were comments in there suggesting that the portal could introduce a potential source of confusion for new users. It was a  good heads up for anyone reading that thread. I think that it had some value. (Keep an eye on this post, as I suspect it may also do a Harry Houdini and poof disappear.  :) )
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

GregoryZ

Thanks for the Heads Up.

I didn't even read the whole post before I submitted the link above.  Yes, I remember it was full of information explaining the difference between using the Portal or accessing the device directly.  

If things are getting removed, that is not good.  The opinions of others, Good or Bad, provides more information then one might think.

If the users of this Fourm are going to be left here to help each other, without much help from OBiHaI, then they should just let us do it.

If they are going to censor our comments, then they need to spend as much time online helping others, as say You and a few others, explaining how and why things work the way the do!

Lesson: What one person considers Negative can be turned into something Positive by way of an improvement to the process!  Turn a Lemon into LemonAid!  :)

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202