News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Long delay to hear ring tone on Obi202 with VoIP.ms service

Started by ikvirsingh, September 10, 2012, 07:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikvirsingh

Hi,

I have set up my Obi202 with VoIP.ms. When I place outbound calls, it takes about 10-15 seconds for the call to connect and hear the ring tone. Is there any way to reduce this time through the settings of the Obi202? On my previous ATA, there was a setting to reduce the Interdigit Long Timer which reduced the delay. Is there anything similar on the Obi202?

I am using the following digit map:

((1xxxxxxxxxx|<1416>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Thanks.

jimates

press the # key when you are finished dialing. If this takes care of the problem, then we can look at reducing the delay by configuration modification.

ikvirsingh

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it doesn't help. Still takes a few seconds after I press # to hear the ring tone.

jimates

Pressing # tells the Obi that you are finished dialing and it sends the call out immediately.

someone needs to tell you how to use Syslog or whatever to see exactly what the Obi is doing and when.

ikvirsingh

I changed my server on VoIP.ms. It's good now when I press the # key. Strange that I was having issues before when pressing #. Thanks for the help