News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callback Feature Option 3

Started by richard99, September 15, 2012, 12:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard99

I am facing problem to initiate callback feature with option 3. Option 1 & option 2 are working without any problem.

I have Sp1 with Pbxes and Sp2 google voice, in Sp1 (Pbxes trunk) Betamax Freecall is registred which is working can be used to make callback. My phone port primary line is Sp1

I do not see any record in Obi110 call history or in Pbxes call history that call even initiated woth option 3.

As I read in the forum
"Auto Attendant Option 3 has nothing whatsover to do with InboundCallRoute rules.  Option 3 collects a callback number by having the caller enter it, hangs up, and places a call to that number using the Auto Attendant DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute, and PrimaryLine"

I have not changed any value in Auto Attendant DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute. Does it require to do something there... which I do not know.

QBZappy

richard99,

A variation of one of these should be in your ITSP InboundCallRoute

Ex 1) {(5145551212|x.5145554444):aa($1))},{ph}
EX2) {(<**2>(Mcot):aa($1))},{ph}

You also must hang up before the AA picks up in order to receive the callback.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

richard99

I have following in my ITSP InboundCallRoute (Sp1). Propose that if incoming call at Pbxes (Sp1) and nobody home to attend call should be routed using landline.

{>(xx.):li1},{li1(5145551212)},{aa},{ph}

As I mentioned that option 2 is working fine get callback after hangup within 10 sec. and able to imitate call using Sp1 (Pbxes).

But I read "Option 3. Using another person's number for the callback number allows other people to make calls with your OBi, without you having to add their number to your OBiTALK account's Trusted Callers listing."

In this above feature I am not able for other person number to make call using Obitalk account.

Handset set attach with Op110, able to place call using Freecall.

QBZappy

richard99,

By design the AA only picks up if calling number is in the COT. What page of the admin manual did you pick up that quote?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

richard99

Quote from: larrybob on January 19, 2012, 09:30:33 AM

If you take control of any OBi setting through the OBiTALK Web Portal (such as an InboundCallRoute), you are on your own with that setting and the OBiTALK Web Portal will not add anything back into it or touch it in any way from that point on.

Auto Attendant Option 3 has nothing whatsover to do with InboundCallRoute rules.  Option 3 collects a callback number by having the caller enter it, hangs up, and places a call to that number using the Auto Attendant DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute, and PrimaryLine.

This was in the forum, not in admin manual, it mean as stated the number should be listed in Cot (trusted caller) 1st then use this option 3.

I tested for number mentioned in Cot, it does not work. No error or problem repotred in call history. seems a bug is still there. This is reported before too in forum.

Quote from: RonR on December 18, 2011, 12:27:08 PM
Obihai,

The following problem is still present in SoftwareVersion 1.3.0 (Build: 2651):

Quote from: RonR on October 06, 2011, 07:51:53 PM
There's still a problem with Auto Attendant callbacks.  If you initiate a callback by pressing 3, the Auto Attendant calls the requested number back as expected.  If a callback is again initiated by pressing 3, no callback is made.  Everything appears normal and no errors are reported, but no callback occurs and no attempt is logged.

Are there any plans to fix this bug?

richard99

Some little success to share on this topic.

1. As per Obihai Callback feature for option 3 states "Using another person's number for the callback number allows other people to make calls with your Obi, without you having to add their number to your OBITALK account's Trusted caller Listing Cot."

I made successful call via option 3 by using Apple app OBION and worked as stated.

But calling via PSTN line attached OBI device failed to make option 3 call. Somewhere something wrong why it work with Obion (Apple app) and does not work other way.