News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Viatalk & OBI202

Started by arrosen, September 21, 2012, 12:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrosen

Hi All

I have a new OBI202 (absolutely the greatest device in the world!), but I am having trouble configuring it with ViaTalk.

It is "registered", and I can receive calls without a problem.  But some (most) outgoing calls do not connect.  I will get a dial tone, I can dial and the line rings, but when the person answers, the line is dead on both ends.  For some reason, this does not happen when I call my work voice mail system (I am able to navigate the IVR and get my messages), but when I call a person the line seems to die.  Here are my settings (Using Generic Provider)

Service Provider Proxy Server: soundwave.vtnoc.net
Service Provider Proxy Port: 5060
Outbound Proxy Server: soundwave.vtnoc.net
Outbound Proxy Server Port: 5060
Username: My username verified with ViaTalk
Password: My password verified with Viatalk
URI: (blank)

Any Ideas?  I have seen threads on this issue with the OBI110, but the settings do not appear to be the same (or at least not labeled the same) on the OBI202.

Thanks!

sailing

I used to use Viatalk with my own Linksys ATA. You probably need to manually configure the Obi. Viatalk has info on how to configure the ATA for their service. If that doesn't work, give them a call. My initial setup with them required their help because of quality problems. They had me connect to a different server which solve the problem. They couldn't auto-update my ATA so another time, when they changed servers, I had to manually do it. They were always helpful.

They are a good VOIP service. I have a land line with DSL and I didn't need the extra phone so I dropped them and use Google Voice.