News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi: the ultimate merchandisers?

Started by Chriswlan, September 25, 2012, 11:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriswlan

Let's see:

Just bought my first Obixxx, and keep finding major shortcomings, find an interesting post on Peer to Peer basic calls, want to post, am forced to register to the forum, the link instead forces me to register somewhere else, get a confirm email that says:

..+++++++++++++++++++++++++.......
1.  Assign a Display Name for Your OBi Devices & Soft Phones: This is the caller name which will appear on the phone display of the people

2.  Set-Up and Configure Commercial VoIP Services:  Although the LINE port on the OBi110 can be used to bridge calls from OBiTALK endpoints to your existing phone service from your local telco or cable

3.  Set-up & Manage Your OBi Circle of Trust (CoT):  If you have an OBi device, the OBi CoT will allow your soft phone and other OBi endpoints (which you invite into your CoT) access privilege use the
You are also able to request and manage invitations to others' Circle of Trusts, so you can make calls using services on their OBi devices.

4.  Set-up & Manage Trusted Callers: A trusted caller ID is a phone number that the OBi will inspect when it receives a call.  If the incoming call matches a number in the Trusted Callers list, the OBi w

5.  Set-Up Speed Dials:  OBi speed dials are useful when completing calls via a phone attached to an OBi device, when making a New Call via the OBi attendant or from the dial pad interface of the OBi soft

7.  Download OBi Apps:  Here you can access applications used to connect your Smart Phone (e.g. iPhone, Android) and your computer

8. Access Support from Obihai:  Obihai wants to do everything we can so you have a great experience using OBi devices, soft phones and
blah blah blah
++++++++++++++++

.....I am now registered to 8 "things", none of the 8 being the forum; and on top of it the system doesn't even send me back to the forum page where I started with that interesting post I wanted to comment on....

Never mind being flooded with chess/hostgator adverts....

I may have a surplus Obi110 soon!

Chriswlan

PS: request a "forum-only" registration "feature"...

jduffy

I suspect that forum users need to be OBi users to be registered. But that is just a guess.

In any case I would only want users of the OBi products or services or why else be on the forum?

The OBi products are great. I have the 110, and three 202s. Best ATA I have even used.

I think had you registered your OBi device first, then registered for the forum, you would not have had an issue.

Also, how can you find "shortcomings" of the product without using it since apparently the system was asking you a lot of questions related to setting up your device. I guess I am a bit confused as to your issues. Can you set-up the OBi, then use it, then talk about what you think are shortcomings?

In the meantime my vote is for only users of OBi to be allowed on the forum.