News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

explanation of a rule form the default outbound call route for the phone port?

Started by larrybob, September 28, 2012, 04:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

Here is the rule

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},

From what i can tell this says:
one or two digits followed by a *then  followed  by
            any number  WHICH IS ( matching and transformed by primary line map  send to obi talk service. 
  I am guessing this is to enter a star code and a pone number if required. Why is this star code being sent to the OBI talk service.

If the primary line is the Ptsn line what in its digit map would allow one to enter  a phone number followed by a # which is required by some of the star codes.

Thanks Larry

ianobi

Larry,

This rule is used to implement a simple version of single-stage dialling through another OBi device. Star Codes are not involved.

[1-9]x? Means any digit from 1 to 9, followed by any other digit or no digit. This is the format for speed dials 1 to 99.

Assume that you put an OBi number say pp(ob200123456) in speed dial slot 5.
Now if you dial 5*11223344556 the {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp} rule will direct that call onto the OBiTALK trunk. The trunk/OBi servers will decode the 5* as the target OBi (200123456) and send 11223344556 to that target OBi.

It is then up to the target OBi OBiTALK InboundCallRoute to route that call according to its rules.

RonR suggests changing the rule to {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp}

This removes the original restriction of the number having to match Mpli in the sending OBi.

larrybob

Thanks for the explanation. I will incorporate Ron's  Map into my programing!
Larry